Are we ever going to see a blue stripes version of this?

louis

Are we ever going to see a blue stripes version of this?
« on: October 05, 2023, 02:37:18 AM »
I can’t be the only one holding out for this. What do you think? Will they launch at least a limited set of blue stripe editions at some point?

(PS: I’m aware overlays exist but I don’t want that)

g3o2

Re: Are we ever going to see a blue stripes version of this?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 02:52:17 AM »
Personally, I don’t care about the blue stripes. I like the original OB-X inspired color, as desktop user. It allows for a more readable UI. I also don’t think that they will produce any OB-X8 special edition with those stripes. Maybe with a future product.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 09:31:43 AM »
OB-X never had any stripes so why would OB-XA have as it point the direction to the roots of the OB series? Just my point of view.

louis

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 04:31:51 PM »
OB-X never had any stripes so why would OB-XA have as it point the direction to the roots of the OB series? Just my point of view.
By OB-XA I guess you mean OB-X8? Because as I'm sure you're aware of both the OB-Xa and OB-8 had stripes. Only the OB-X had the gray which I personally don't like.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 05:50:23 PM »
By OB-XA I guess you mean OB-X8? Because as I'm sure you're aware of both the OB-Xa and OB-8 had stripes. Only the OB-X had the gray which I personally don't like.

There are custom decals..go get some.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 04:42:28 AM »

Yes correct, I mean OB-X8 but wrote OB-XA. And yes, I’m very familiar with the whole product line of Oberheim as a long term user of Oberheim instruments. I love the stripes but only for the OB-Xa and the OB-8 (I love to play OB-8, even if the keys are not that exciting), the drum machines and sequencer that I use a little bit now and then. But the poly-patriarch is the OB-X and the OB-X8 point to those roots - it would miss the whole point with another layout.

SMV

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 12:27:29 AM »
There is a company called synth overlays that makes a good job. But i prefer the original OBX8 color.  :)
SMV

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 09:24:05 AM »
My first Oberheim was an OB-8, and I got attached to the blue pin-stripes. Also, I noticed it when later versions of the OB-8 had light blue markings for many page 2 functions added. So I ordered the overlay and I am enjoying it. I wouldn't call it "better" or "more correct." Just fun for me. FYI, it took a couple hours to "prep" the overlay after it arrived. It is stamped from a white plastic material and one needs to take a black sharpie to all the edges around each opening. It lays well enough, but not perfect, especially in the controller section it flaps around a little bit. But it gives me pleasure, and it does a nice job of adding "page 2" command references. Call it a "pleasure-sensitive" accessory.
Prophet 10 Rev4, OB-X8, Moog One, Rhodes Mk8, Osmose, OB-6 desktop, Trigon 6 Desktop, Kawai VPC-1, Steinway D