How do you use the Soundtower editor?

How do you use the Soundtower editor?
« on: September 18, 2023, 04:26:21 AM »
I am trying to decide if the Soundtower editor for OB-X8 is something I would actually use, so I wanted to ask how you are using it? I might add that I mainly use the computer as a recording device.
I imagine I would use the editor for easier patch management, and perhaps the patch morphing feature is cool? I guess it depends on how that was implemented though.
If you have it, how do you use it? What's most useful with it?

Re: How do you use the Soundtower editor?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 05:08:58 PM »
I'm trying the demo, which is fairly limited.  There is also no manual just yet so you need to use the OB6 manual to get your bearings.  It looks like a great way to manipulate the synth and the library editor seems like a great alternative to SysEx Librarian. 

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 06:06:11 PM »
I had purchased alot of third party patches. I went through all in a few weeks making notes of what I liked, and what "type" of sound it was.  Then, I wiped out my keyboard of all patches then used Sound Editor to my favorite patches grouped together by not only the type of it was, but alphabetically.  It was take year to that by hand.  Not a regret of buying it.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 11:48:10 AM »
All the page 2 parameters are all easily available making it a breeze to program it.. that alone is worth it IMHO