Pro 3 CV Out Controlling MiniMoog Issue

Pro 3 CV Out Controlling MiniMoog Issue
« on: September 15, 2023, 02:48:06 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to control my vintage MiniMoog with the Pro 3's CV and gate outs. The Mini plays the same note across the Pro 3 keyboard. I can adjust the note using offset, but scale doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Pro 3 CV Out Controlling MiniMoog Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 04:07:45 PM »
Hello,
I am trying to control my vintage MiniMoog with the Pro 3's CV and gate outs. The Mini plays the same note across the Pro 3 keyboard. I can adjust the note using offset, but scale doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe
Not used this feature personally, but wondering if you might need to set up a routing in the mod matrix with keyboard/note number as source and CV as destination.

chysn

Re: Pro 3 CV Out Controlling MiniMoog Issue
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 06:39:28 PM »
In the mod matrix, set up a slot with Note Number as the source and one of the CV outs (like CV1) as the destination. Set the amount at maximum.

You may also need to calibrate your CV outputs (see here: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4501.msg53018.html#msg53018) with a meter. But with the Note Number source, you'll start off sort of in the ballbark.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his