Synth goes back to base preset sound after pressing pause and play again

I am currently using the prophet 6 through FL studio. When trying to use the midi out from my daw, sending Midi notes to the synth, it automatically changes back to how I loaded my preset in. I can turn knobs and change the sound, but as soon as I press pause and play again, it snaps back to the original sound.

Even when used in the non preset mode. Is it somehow sending any midi parameter settings or something back to my daw or the other way around? Also can't figure out the midi clock. I am new with this synth and haven't had these problems with my Yamaha reface CS, which was just plug and play.

Re: Synth goes back to base preset sound after pressing pause and play again
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 06:34:59 AM »
Sounds like your daw is sending a program change message to the synth. When I encounter that I edit out the program change.

Haven’t used midi clock in some time but it does work when set up. Sorry, I’m about 7000 km away from my studio at the moment or I’d be on the case in a flash.

Keith
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 06:39:26 AM by thirteen_engines »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.