REV2 problem in Multi Mode with Ableton

REV2 problem in Multi Mode with Ableton
« on: September 04, 2023, 02:16:32 AM »
hi there, i'm trying to use the Multi Mode option of my REV2 16 voice desktop module but i'm having some issues doing this with Ableton as sequencer via midi cable.
Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong or if it's a problem of my synth:

REV2 settings:
- multi mode "ON"
- MIDI channel: 1

Ableton settings:
- MIDI track 1 : midi ch.1 out
- MIDI track 2 : midi ch.2 out

Basically with these settings what i hear from the REV2 A and B outputs is a total mess: the notes are out of tune, sometimes a totally different sound is triggered by some notes, and during the playback even the preset the sequencer is playing it's been changed in its parameters or replaced by an other preset.

WTF is happening here?!?!?!!?!?

With multi mode OFF the synth plays in tune and there is no shift of the parameters when a sequence is played by Ableton, but with multi mode ON is like if the rev2 is receiving a totally different midi messages that screws up every patch

os version 1.2.1
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 02:37:58 AM by thehole »

Re: REV2 problem in Multi Mode with Ableton
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 03:56:50 AM »
edit: i solved the problem
the routing was wrong inside the plugin that manages my midi I/O because i'm using the eurorack module expert sleepers esx-8md as my midi hub, now everything works as it should on my rev2 in multi mode

hi there, i'm trying to use the Multi Mode option of my REV2 16 voice desktop module but i'm having some issues doing this with Ableton as sequencer via midi cable.
Please tell me if i'm doing something wrong or if it's a problem of my synth:

REV2 settings:
- multi mode "ON"
- MIDI channel: 1

Ableton settings:
- MIDI track 1 : midi ch.1 out
- MIDI track 2 : midi ch.2 out

Basically with these settings what i hear from the REV2 A and B outputs is a total mess: the notes are out of tune, sometimes a totally different sound is triggered by some notes, and during the playback even the preset the sequencer is playing it's been changed in its parameters or replaced by an other preset.

WTF is happening here?!?!?!!?!?

With multi mode OFF the synth plays in tune and there is no shift of the parameters when a sequence is played by Ableton, but with multi mode ON is like if the rev2 is receiving a totally different midi messages that screws up every patch

os version 1.2.1