help! My Rev2 note will disappear!

help! My Rev2 note will disappear!
« on: August 27, 2023, 02:32:20 AM »
For example, if I play C E G B, these four notes will harmonize normally, but if I continue to add a D, the lowest C note will disappear. If I continue to stack notes, those lowest notes will also disappear one by one. If I press a bunch of notes at the same time, such as Am11, it will randomly disappear some notes, most of the time the root note disappears, I thought it was something wrong with my fingers, so I tried another  MIDI keyboard controls the Rev2 and everything works! This problem only occurs on the Rev2 keyboard, then when I was learning some patches on youtube, we all use the same Sawtooth, but our voices are always different, their voices always sound very fat, I sounds like a malnourished guy, I don't know why! But I'm pretty sure I'm doing exactly the same as in the video, just press Dow+Up+Hold, then our voice sounds different, I just started learning prophet rev2, some very simple questions, hope someone can help me up Please!!~~

Re: help! My Rev2 note will disappear!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 01:11:33 PM »
Are you having an 8-voice REV2?
- check if split or stacked buttons are lit, then you only have 4 voices

I cannot explain why midi in would run all voices other than if some midi setting affect this
- I don't know fully how multimode works, but manual will tell

General recommendations with problem with voices are
- do global reset of REV2
- run calibration

What have happended to some as I read here on forum have been that some connectors inside were loose to some voice cards.
- so refitting them helped out with that

About your sound would be worse than video tutorials could be something with they use reverbs
- don't remember if new preset with Hold button activate reverb or not
- as I recall only one oscillator is active with a fresh preset

Don't know if you use all 4 outputs or just 2 having all voices?
- I am not sure how voices are distributed if using 4, if reserved voices and cutting down total for each
- check that you use the two correct ones if just using two

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 06:49:43 PM »
Are you having an 8-voice REV2?
- check if split or stacked buttons are lit, then you only have 4 voices

I cannot explain why midi in would run all voices other than if some midi setting affect this
- I don't know fully how multimode works, but manual will tell

General recommendations with problem with voices are
- do global reset of REV2
- run calibration

What have happended to some as I read here on forum have been that some connectors inside were loose to some voice cards.
- so refitting them helped out with that

About your sound would be worse than video tutorials could be something with they use reverbs
- don't remember if new preset with Hold button activate reverb or not
- as I recall only one oscillator is active with a fresh preset

Don't know if you use all 4 outputs or just 2 having all voices?
- I am not sure how voices are distributed if using 4, if reserved voices and cutting down total for each
- check that you use the two correct ones if just using two
Thank you very much for your reply! It means a lot to me! Yes it is an 8-voice REV2, I tried to follow what you said one by one, hope I don't need to take it apart as I don't know anything about its construction lol

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 10:59:48 PM »
I read up on Multi Mode in manual, and that should be off.
A new unit this is off, but if bought second hand it might not be.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 09:01:27 AM »
I read up on Multi Mode in manual, and that should be off.
A new unit this is off, but if bought second hand it might not be.
After I used global reset and calibration it went back to normal! Great, I can finally start using it happily, thank you so much! ! !

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 09:47:07 PM »
Great news to hear, thanks for feedback.:)

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 07:50:43 PM »
For example, if I play C E G B, these four notes will harmonize normally, but if I continue to add a D, the lowest C note will disappear. If I continue to stack notes, those lowest notes will also disappear one by one. If I press a bunch of notes at the same time, such as Am11, it will randomly disappear some notes, most of the time the root note disappears, I thought it was something wrong with my fingers, so I tried another  MIDI keyboard controls the Rev2 and everything works! This problem only occurs on the Rev2 keyboard, then when I was learning some patches on youtube, we all use the same Sawtooth, but our voices are always different, their voices always sound very fat, I sounds like a malnourished guy, I don't know why! But I'm pretty sure I'm doing exactly the same as in the video, just press Dow+Up+Hold, then our voice sounds different, I just started learning prophet rev2, some very simple questions, hope someone can help me up Please!!~~

The Prophet Rev2 is an 8-voice polyphonic synth so adding a fifth note D in your example might cause the lowest C to drop out if all 8 voices are already being used. You can try playing fewer notes at once or adjust the patch settings to use fewer voices.