OBX8 desktop

OBX8 desktop
« on: August 19, 2023, 09:37:08 PM »
Hi. A month ago they delivered Desktop OBX8 to me...
After installing the latest os, the device does not want to turn on. All you can see is the Ob-x8 logo on the screen. Has anyone had a problem?

LPF83

Re: OBX8 desktop
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 05:14:17 AM »
Hi. A month ago they delivered Desktop OBX8 to me...
After installing the latest os, the device does not want to turn on. All you can see is the Ob-x8 logo on the screen. Has anyone had a problem?

I got mine in early July (very early serial number) and updated to 1.1.1.0 right away and have had zero quality issues with the unit so far.  I'd suggest emailing customer support.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 05:36:53 AM »
I wrote to them yesterday, they don't work over the weekend :( :(

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 12:17:30 PM »
I wrote to them yesterday, they don't work over the weekend :( :(

You could try to power up the synth in Bootloader Mode, and then send the firmware again using MIDI cable only.

(unfortunately, I didn't find out how to do that on the desktop version, but on the keyboard version to get the Bootloader Mode you hold down the lowest C and E keys and power up the synth. So if someone knows how to get that Bootloader Mode on the OB-X8 Desktop, that would be great)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 12:36:06 PM »
I tried to do it with the keyboard but it does not work (Low C + E) In any way I would not turn on and hold the appropriate keys, I still see only the OBX8 logo on the screen

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 12:44:15 PM »
I tried to do it with the keyboard but it does not work (Low C + E) In any way I would not turn on and hold the appropriate keys, I still see only the OBX8 logo on the screen

Yes, there must be another combination of buttons to hold whilst powering up the unit to get that Bootloader Mode on the desktop version. On the Prophet REV2, you hold 3 buttons (Unison, Hold, Glide) and power up the synth to get in Bootloader Mode.

Perhaps you could try to press Hold, Chord, Unison, and power on the OB-X8 desktop? If it works the display should show --Bootloader-- Send Sysex File

Remember that in this mode, only MIDI connection will work for sending the OS to the device.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 12:49:55 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2023, 11:13:28 AM »
Unfortunately, it failed. They contacted me from FOCUSRITE and told me to hold down the WRITE button and attach . But the OB-X8 logo is still on😞. I am waiting for a response . It is possible that I will have to send the devices back.😞😞😞