Prophet 12 yellow keys

PaleSkinnySwede

• Synth nerd, composer, remixer
    • PaleSkinnySwede
Prophet 12 yellow keys
« on: August 15, 2023, 07:46:57 AM »
I've just picked up a Prophet 12 here in Sweden. Have been eyeing one for quite a while and eventually found one.
It's in a really good condition except for the keybed. It plays well, but the keys are slightly yellow tinted like it's been in the sun waaayyy too long.

Is this normal for the P12 keybed?

This is my second DSI/Sequential synth. I've had the Pro 2 about 7-8 years ago and was quite fond of it. But, I'm really glad to have the P12 next to me now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 07:57:04 AM by PaleSkinnySwede »
--
David
soundcloud.com/pretorium [ambient/chillout/electronica]
soundcloud.com/mindxpander [space-synth/italo-disco]
soundcloud.com/ypsilon5 [goa-trance]

Re: Prophet 12 yellow keys
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 08:27:12 AM »
Mine has been in a cool basement for years.  No yellowing.  Hey look on the bright side,  it's like old piano ivory  ;)
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

PaleSkinnySwede

• Synth nerd, composer, remixer
    • PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 11:45:27 AM »
Yeah, it's more vintage this way  ;D
--
David
soundcloud.com/pretorium [ambient/chillout/electronica]
soundcloud.com/mindxpander [space-synth/italo-disco]
soundcloud.com/ypsilon5 [goa-trance]

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 02:31:49 PM »
It seems quite common on the P12s, there one for sale here in NZ which has yellow keys. I also purchased a Pro-2 with the same issue, it looked like it had been in a shop window for a year, functionally fine but yellowed. If you contact DSI support they do have instructions to bleech the keys which would help.

I've just picked up a Prophet 12 here in Sweden. Have been eyeing one for quite a while and eventually found one.
It's in a really good condition except for the keybed. It plays well, but the keys are slightly yellow tinted like it's been in the sun waaayyy too long.

Is this normal for the P12 keybed?

This is my second DSI/Sequential synth. I've had the Pro 2 about 7-8 years ago and was quite fond of it. But, I'm really glad to have the P12 next to me now.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 02:23:18 PM »
If you contact DSI support they do have instructions to bleech the keys which would help.

I did exactly that and got this link as a suggestion: https://syntaur.com/DIYdocs/DIY0018.html

Have yet to try it though, but from what I have heard this it might be well worth it. I have a few synths with this problem so I will give a go myself, once I get hold of that stuff.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 02:26:50 PM by koenig »