Pioneer toraiz sp-16

MasterVe

Pioneer toraiz sp-16
« on: September 13, 2016, 07:56:29 PM »
Just spent two days with the toraiz SP-16 and the tempest if you want to get away frome the computer this is the way to go
 Mpc touch I have and toraiz Sp-16
Is way better I'm having so much fun with the toraiz SP-16 the best feature
In the toraiz is DSI filters dope
And the sync is amazing you just drop
A sample or loop into toraiz and it is synced fun fun fun sorry native instruments and Akai if you want to
Keep up you Hafth to build a stand alone no computer hardware maschine pioneer just kicked you guys in the nuts

Could not keep it to my self  ;D

Re: Pioneer toraiz sp-16
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 03:11:48 AM »
I wonder how it compares to an Octatrack...Hmm

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:14:10 AM »
I Have been looking at it quite a bit, definitely not as complex as the Octatrack, the UI seems to be many times better though.

The main problem I can see is it only handles samples of around 30 seconds which is a deal breaker for me.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 06:45:30 AM »
You mean you can't load full songs and make let's say an edit of your own?If that's the case i'm out too..
The main problem I can see is it only handles samples of around 30 seconds which is a deal breaker for me.

MasterVe

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »
Yeah not being able to edit full songs
Does suck but I did all my editing
Over years on my computer and with the Mpc touch I thought about octotrack but I like keeping it simple
I haven't touched Mpc touch. Toraiz
So-16 gets the job done quickly I don't regret buying it going to sell mpc touch I've never liked software
I'm only hoping that pioneer and midi and full song editing inside toraiz then
It will become the sampler production
Hardware to get. ;D

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 11:56:57 AM »
Too big and expensive. Synthstrom Deluge looks much better

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »
Word on GS is that there is a electrical issue creating shocks.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

sofine

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 05:49:31 AM »

I have a Toraiz and I am getting this static. There's more info about it on the Pioneer Toraiz forum. I was called by the Irish Pioneer rep earlier this week to say that they are looking into it. I don't know what this means, or what will happen.

I am considering bringing it back for a refund. Which is a pity, as it is a very creative and fantastic sounding tool, with a decent OS roadmap.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 11:01:31 PM »
Firmware 1.2 adds MIDI in/out, and "arranger mode" https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/support/software/toraiz%20sp-16/#firmware-update

I found this, another firmware update is scheduled for Spring 2017, see attached image.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:11:58 PM by Jan Schultink »

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 12:54:18 AM »
Updated firmware release schedule

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 06:54:57 AM »

Ive been eyeballing since it came out. At that price, I decided to wait. Didnt know about the shock issue. My lack of tolerance and a electrical issue = rifle targets for Chinese devices. Has it always been this way.. Companies sell an item before testing and completing it, use the money from sales to get closer to finishing the device. Sell more devices, use the money to market another unfinshed and untested device. Rinse repeat?

I think I'll wait another year to see if the toriaz gets fixed and closer to finished. By then, Im sure itll drop in price. Keep us posted how it goes...