Importing Alternate tunings - HELP

Importing Alternate tunings - HELP
« on: August 11, 2023, 10:25:53 AM »
I’m losing my marbles trying to get my tunings into my rev2, I have 6 tuning tables all in .scl format and cannot find a way to convert them to .syx, seems like all online resources for conversion are invalid and I can’t find a workaround. Have gone through countless forum pages following countless links but they’re all from a couple years ago and the links they send me to no longer seem to work. Surely there is a way for this to work more simply. My other hardware synths were a breeze and this has got me on the ropes. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Importing Alternate tunings - HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 04:25:17 AM »
I looked into tunings a bit just now.

Making a dump all tables you get 16 ones, all called Equal Temperment.
But they all have different preset numbers 01-10 hex, and device id 01 seemed to be default on mine.
And checksum seem to be 00, so probably not used.
Each one is a separate F0-F7 sequence, just sent after each other.

So if to try something I would see to that preset number is 02 or something.

Each table starts with F0 FE 01 08 01 then preset 01 is header, then table name and 3 bytes each midi note. Then ends with checksum 00 and F7. Last 01 in header before name is preset if to look in old syx files you have.

So depending on tool for conversion see to these things, that device id is same as set in you REV2.
- and also that you do not overwrite preset 01 for the default equal temperament.

So if REV2 set to accept receiving system exclusive it should work, I think. Have not tried yet though.

To look inside file content I recommend HxD editor, really smooth to do this.
https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 04:28:44 AM by Autosynther »