Prophet X freezes while loading user samples

Prophet X freezes while loading user samples
« on: August 08, 2023, 03:44:28 PM »
I have read the other posts on this issue, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. When loading my user samples with my usb stick, the loading freezes at a certain instrument and I have to turn off the instrument. I am running 2.2.2.0.0. I was loading up user samples fine before. Have even wiped my user samples from the prophet, and tried reinstalling new. Have tried multiple USB sticks. Have made sure all the numbers are correctly labeled within the zip files (all user samples created with sample robot). Any help would be appreciated if anyone else has figured out a solution. Have submitted a ticket to support also. Really wanted to use this as a live sampler/synth, but so far have found it's quite unreliable (unless it is user error).
Thanks!!

Re: Prophet X freezes while loading user samples
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 04:20:40 PM »
While I haven't had this specific experience, I did have some trouble with my unit freezing up in the very early days after installing the very first commercial sample pack.  It turned out that the add-on preset memory was the culprit as it hadn't been properly initialized from the factory.  There are options in the debug menu to do so but it has been a very long time since I went through the procedure.

It's worth writing to Sequential support who have, in my experience, been quite responsive and very helpful.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 10:40:54 AM »
Thanks Lady Gaia, I ended up having to ship the unit back for repair. Hopefully everything will get sorted out. Really want to use this board live, but only if it's reliable on stage. 

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 06:49:48 PM »
For anyone who's following. As always, Sequential (DSI) tech support was very helpful in solving my issue. I sent the unit to them for the nimonal fee of 25 bucks (plus shipping). They checked out the unit and did a motherboard update and trimmed the PSU output up a bit. Got it back and fingers crossed its working how its supposed to. I'm loading samples into it and trying to find work arounds for a few songs that need more than 2 sounds (bi timbral). I'll figure it out, but its a great mix of subtractive analog and samples that will be fun to work with. It does add that grit and drive that VST samples sometimes lack.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 07:21:39 PM »
I'm glad to hear your experience with Sequential support was very positive.  I've always been impressed with their responsiveness and insights, though I've never had to actually send mine in for work.