SoundTower OB-X8 Editor User Guide

DaveInSanFran

• Prog fan - synth hobbyist
SoundTower OB-X8 Editor User Guide
« on: July 31, 2023, 09:36:00 PM »
Despite the claim in the Readme, SoundTower neglected to install a User Guide with either v1.1.3 or v1.3.1 of their Sound Editor.

Your User Guide (in PDF) and this text readme file are found in the the install directory for the software. There are also short cut links in start up for both.

They have not responded to support queries.  Does anyone know exactly what folder to look in for the manual, or have a manual to share from earlier versions?

Thanks in advance.
SF Bay Area synth hobbyist
OB-X8 Desktop, Moog Matriarch, B2600, Roland System 8, Korg MinilogueXD, Yamaha MODX8, Arturtia MicroFreak, Drumbrute, Moog Opus3, Eurorack, 0-Coast, B.Neutron, B.Model D…

DaveInSanFran

• Prog fan - synth hobbyist
Re: SoundTower OB-X8 Editor User Guide
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 10:35:44 PM »
It looks like their other products are at least partially documented online.  For example, the main Prophet 5 editor functions are listed here:  https://www.soundtower.com/prophet5/manual/ 

This looks close enough to the OB-X8 version to answer my main questions about the MIDI settings, Program Genetics, and Librarian.  Hopefully they will post more specific OB-X8 docs at some point.
SF Bay Area synth hobbyist
OB-X8 Desktop, Moog Matriarch, B2600, Roland System 8, Korg MinilogueXD, Yamaha MODX8, Arturtia MicroFreak, Drumbrute, Moog Opus3, Eurorack, 0-Coast, B.Neutron, B.Model D…

-AJ-

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »
Now that the firmware has been updated to include the User bank, they need to update the software to reflect it. Until then, the Librarian isn’t going to work right. I haven’t heard any word that they’re doing it. We might all need to email them about it to get it happening.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 03:59:10 PM by -AJ- »

LPF83

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 05:32:25 PM »
Now that the firmware has been updated to include the User bank, they need to update the software to reflect it. Until then, the Librarian isn’t going to work right. I haven’t heard any word that they’re doing it. We might all need to email them about it to get it happening.

The last couple of updates of the editor do include support for the user bank.  The current version of the standalone editor is v1.31.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

-AJ-

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 02:24:51 AM »

The last couple of updates of the editor do include support for the user bank.  The current version of the standalone editor is v1.31.

Ok, last time I checked it wasn’t there yet. Thanks.