Manual bug and aftertouch question

Manual bug and aftertouch question
« on: July 09, 2023, 12:43:15 AM »
Hi, in the new manual from June 23, the “Portamento Dest” parameter is missing on page 57.

Question: that same manual lists on page 123 (MIDI implementation), under “received channel messages”: Polyphonic Key Pressure. Does the OB-X8 really listen to tho that over MIDI and if so, will it modulate the any of the two mentioned targets for monophonic (channel) aftertouch, be it Filter Frequency, LFO or both, when that is turned on in page 2? Can anyone confirm this?

g3o2

Re: Manual bug and aftertouch question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 03:23:59 AM »
The way it works in the Prophet rev 4: whichever target is set to be controlled via channel aftertouch is also the target for poly aftertouch, including multiple targets. Chances are good that the OB-X8 would work in the same manner.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 04:09:34 AM »
The way it works in the Prophet rev 4: whichever target is set to be controlled via channel aftertouch is also the target for poly aftertouch, including multiple targets. Chances are good that the OB-X8 would work in the same manner.

Well, I took out my ASM Hydra to try it out:

1. The OB-X8 does indeed respond to poly-AT, but only for the filter frequency, which makes sense. Aftertouch to Vibrato LFO depth can't be polyphonic, since the Vibrato LFO is global (i.e. there is only 1 LFO). But, and for now I assume this is a bug: the poly AT does not modulate the depth of the Vibrato LFO *at all*. I would assume it should be possible that the OB-X8 Vibrato Depth reacts to the latest key AT value?

2. In the process of testing I ran into another bug (this has nothing to do with poly AT!): On page 2 you can choose for Aftertouch: Off, LFO, Filter and LFO+Filter. The next page 2 parameter is Aftertouch Amount. The bug is, that the Aftertouch Amount value indeed works for the Filter (i.e. lower values = less modulation), but it does not work for the LFO: no matter the amount value, the depth of the modulation stays the same.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 04:13:13 AM by bjgerkes »

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 07:52:08 AM »
Did you try this with the newest 1.1.1.0 firmware? seems to wwork here