Prophet 10 Module - Can't Load Factory Settings

Prophet 10 Module - Can't Load Factory Settings
« on: July 05, 2023, 03:57:33 PM »
Hi -

I bought the Prophet 10 module.  The sounds in it don't appear to be the same ones as the Prophet that I played at a store.  Mine is open box, what's in it may be whatever somebody who bought it and returned it put in there.

I went to the official SC page and the factory sounds are there to download:

https://www.sequential.com/prophet-5-10-factory-sounds/

"Factory Programs," v 1.02.

OK, so I have MID-OX, and got to the point of "loading sounds."  But it points to nothing.  This is on Windows 10 Home.

Is the correct file missing?  I did deflate.  There is a text file and the ostensible file, but it doesn't show up.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

- Jeff Newton

Re: Prophet 10 Module - Can't Load Factory Settings
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 10:07:24 PM »
EDIT:

Per the manual, the 200 "factory" sounds are "identical" to the shipped 200 "user" sounds.  Yet on my unit they are vastly different.

QUESTION:  are the "factory" sounds NON-destructive?  Meaning: they CANNOT be overwritten?

But the "User" version of the same thing "can" be?

Since my unit was "open box," I *think* I've got the prior user's "experiments" in there...

Shouldn't # 145, #532, etc. sound identical whether or not the "factory" button is engaged, if the "presets" button is engaged?

Thank you,

- Jeff Newton

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 10:51:38 AM »
Windows or Mac?
You're saying when you browse to open the sysex file, you don't see the "P5_Factory_Programs_v1.02.syx" file in the folder?

g3o2

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 05:12:57 PM »
The factory presets can be overwritten via MIDI or, “en bloc”, on device. It is possible that the former owner copied their own user presets over to the factory preset region. Check here for more information: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,7114.0.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 05:14:47 PM by g3o2 »

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 07:00:47 PM »
Windows or Mac?
You're saying when you browse to open the sysex file, you don't see the "P5_Factory_Programs_v1.02.syx" file in the folder?

I don't see the middle one in your list, no.

But I discovered the free Soundtower editor, and I "think" I have all the factory sounds as is.  S/he loaded other ones into the user file.  I didn't know there were two sets!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 07:01:47 PM »
The factory presets can be overwritten via MIDI or, “en bloc”, on device. It is possible that the former owner copied their own user presets over to the factory preset region. Check here for more information: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,7114.0.html

They very well might have.  I now have the names (Soundtower editor demo), so I just need to get the "official" name list and compare!