hello and basic tone comparison with P6

hello and basic tone comparison with P6
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »
Hi, Iīm new in this forum

Iīm interested in the Pro-2 and wanted to know if it has the overall clean and defined tone that I can hear in all P6 demos.

So, is the Pro-2 capable to go into the P6 territory? I donīt mind 100% full patch compatibility or emulation, just got the "prophet family" tone...maybe because of filter 1.

I just ordered an OB-6 and thought that the Pro-2 would complement it better than a P6

Thanks!

Re: hello and basic tone comparison with P6
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »
Well really the P2 is a mono synth, I know it has the paraphonic stuff but at its heart it is a mono synth, so it isn't going to cover all the stuff you can do on a P6.

It can definitely do very clean and defined though.

If you are after a mono synth the the P2 is a great piece of kit, rather more complex than your OB-6 though!

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:57:57 PM »
I agree.

The P2 can do something way more different than P6 if you have an OB-6.
prophet 12, PRO2, mono evolver KB, Hikari Duo, Cobalt5S, Hydrasynth Explorer, microFreak, 0-Coast, 0-CTRL, ensoniq VFX-SD, Kurzweil PC361, Roland V-Synth, SH-4d, JD-XA, TB-3, A-50, KORG 800DV, wavestate, modwave, kaossilator 2, volca nubass/modular, SQ-1, iOS/Mac

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 06:49:52 PM »
yeah, I know its a different beast...but the paraphonic mode really attracted me...for me, itīs enough to considere it for poly stuff as well as the monosynth part

I mean, I canīt justify to get a P6 too, but the Pro-2 is another history...this synth could cover other territory and maybe if filter 1 got some of the P6īs DNA, it could make a decent impersonator for some duties.

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 04:31:13 PM »
yeah, I know its a different beast...but the paraphonic mode really attracted me...for me, itīs enough to considere it for poly stuff as well as the monosynth part

I mean, I canīt justify to get a P6 too, but the Pro-2 is another history...this synth could cover other territory and maybe if filter 1 got some of the P6īs DNA, it could make a decent impersonator for some duties.

For certain duties yes. Prophet like chords / pads are possible on the Pro 2, using the 4 saw oscs in para mode and some modulations.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 07:58:25 PM »
For certain duties yes. Prophet like chords / pads are possible on the Pro 2, using the 4 saw oscs in para mode and some modulations.

great! this is just what I wanted to know! thanks jobinho (brazil? portugal?)

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 06:23:21 AM »
I own the two and the 6.  I personally would not really compare them.  They are different beasts to my ears.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 08:10:53 PM »
I own the two and the 6.  I personally would not really compare them.  They are different beasts to my ears.

can you tell me why? are the filters that different?