Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)

Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)
« on: June 30, 2023, 06:34:01 AM »
Hey folks,

There used to be a website where this could be done before, but it died. I made a Python script to do this instead, but it turned out to not be so user-friendly to non-programmers. So I ported it to a Flask web app which I'm hosting here:

https://scala2mts.vercel.app

With this form you can upload a Scala tuning file and get a MIDI SysEx file back. You can upload this to your hardware, such as Cirklon or Prophet rev2 with SysEx Librarian.

Re: Microtuning: Convert Scala to MTS (web app)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 03:09:02 PM »
I was attempting to do this today and had a nightmare - when a Sysex file is sent to the rev2 does it need to be in/on a particular state/page in order to receive it? I’m unfamiliar with Sysex and have used .scl on other synths which was a lot easier. How will the Sysex file know where to go and what to replace? How will I know if it has been received? I ended up turning my .scl files into .syx but when I sent them across via usb nothing seemed to happen. I’d love to get micro tuning working on my rev2 as I love the sounds but Sysex is a nightmare. I wish there was rev2 software that made it a little easier.