Does anyone know which 'font' it uses on LCD screen..?

Does anyone know which 'font' it uses on LCD screen..?
« on: June 15, 2023, 04:47:04 PM »
Hello, I am planning on using the LCD screen fonts to decorate my artwork (for futuristic aesthetic),
But I cannot seem to find the font style of its LCD screen.

So basically I will name a patch for my preference, get a good photo of it, photoshop-use it.

And generally, using fonts that are copyrighted can get me into trouble... right?
So I actually emailed Sequential but advisor told me, font design is not done by Sequential and possibly it is free to use.

So, is it... just normal digital font...(?)? that is public-domain like...? free to alter and use..?!

Sorry if this post does not belong here.
I know the font style is not too special or original, but even with photo matching a.i finder, I cannot find its font style.

Hope it is ok and free to use for personal/commercial use..?

Thanks in advance!

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Does anyone know which 'font' it uses on LCD screen..?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 06:29:17 PM »
That's a question it would be best to directly ask Sequential.  And when you get a notice saying they've received your email, don't delete the email or you'll break the link with them.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 06:44:21 PM »
That's a question it would be best to directly ask Sequential.  And when you get a notice saying they've received your email, don't delete the email or you'll break the link with them.

I actually did that firstly :) But um, this is what I got:

Thanks for your inquiry. The LCD lettering is not our own design, so there is no problem using it. Hope this helps, and good luck with your album!

And, I am still unsure, what to do, on, 'fonts' on electronic devices, where it has been photo-taken, do I still look for its commercial licensing...?

Yeah.. if it is problematic, I would just perhaps not use it.

By taking its photo, it is still not 100% certain, which font styling it belongs to...?

haha... very hard to find an answer here haha....

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 07:07:09 PM »
It seems they're saying it's in the public domain, so that there are no copyright issues.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 07:46:24 PM »
It seems they're saying it's in the public domain, so that there are no copyright issues.

Right right. I will just, double check and do few more matching test to find which public-domain fonts it is. Thanks.