Mod lever

SMV

Mod lever
« on: June 08, 2023, 06:38:20 AM »
Hello,
my mod lever it works only if I pull it down, but nothing happens when I push it up.
Does anyone has this problem?
Thank you
SMV

Re: Mod lever
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 06:42:12 AM »
That’s normal. The mod only works on one half of travel. You can invert it in the global menu.

SMV

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 11:20:54 AM »
In global you can only invert the pitch lever direction. Anyway it is a bit strange to have a lever that works just halfway
SMV

SMV

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 11:22:45 AM »
By the way, thanks for your reply
SMV

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 11:56:42 AM »
This is the expected operation of the mod lever on vintage OB-X/Xa/8 instruments, and we endeavored to reproduce the experience as closely as possible while still allowing for some more modern features.
Sequential | Oberheim

SMV

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 01:41:01 PM »
Yes, but it was not mentioned in the manual. So I had this doubt. Anyway, I am glad to hear that it could be used for some other features ;)
SMV

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 05:32:39 PM »
no problem.

I did send in a feature suggestion for an alternate way for the mod lever to function: pulling it from centre to one direction and releasing it would latch at the value reached. Then pushing in the other direction from centre would move the value back towards zero. Don’t know if they’d consider adding this but thought that, in one mode, it could satisfy users who like to have the mod wheel be able to be left in a non-zero position, whilst still allowing accurate vintage behaviour in the other mode.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 06:03:51 AM »
I was also considering if it would be possible in firmware to could assign two separate modulation parameters to it (up and down controlling different things)

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023, 02:15:04 AM »
no problem.

I did send in a feature suggestion for an alternate way for the mod lever to function: pulling it from centre to one direction and releasing it would latch at the value reached. Then pushing in the other direction from centre would move the value back towards zero. Don’t know if they’d consider adding this but thought that, in one mode, it could satisfy users who like to have the mod wheel be able to be left in a non-zero position, whilst still allowing accurate vintage behaviour in the other mode.

I´m all for original vintage behavior but in this case LFO>VCF Modulation on the Y+ axis would be really awesome.