Custom commercial patches / presets for Take-5.

Jexus

• www.sounds-for-synths.com
Custom commercial patches / presets for Take-5.
« on: June 06, 2023, 09:18:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

Similar topic is already up in the Prophet REV-2 section but I haven't seen it here, so I'll take the liberty of starting one for the Take-5. It's easier for the creators as well as people interested in finding custom soundbanks to be able to have all info in one place, so maybe let us all meet in here? I'll start with the soundset that I've created for the Take-5:

If you ask me about the genre, I'll say there is none - it's a wide palette of custom patches (200 in total), designed to contain a creative variety of unique textures & dynamics. Some patches are bread & butter and cinematic, while others are totally offbeat. They're the result of me experimenting with the Take-5 and trying to find its outer limits. The presets are ready-to-use in music / jamming or they can serve as starting points; just find the textures that you like and easily fine-tune them to personalize them further. I tried not to include patches that would overlap with any other existing soundsets out there (synthwave, recreations of classic synthesizers, etc), so 90% of my patches should be original-sounding to you, I hope.

I've made videos in 3 different styles / moods of playing so just start with the one that most speaks to you, but make sure to check the others too, because they're quite eclectic.

Also, my thoughts about the synth can be read at: https://sounds-for-synths.com/sequential-take-5/
(this write-up is rather intended to help the undecided buyer, I'm pretty sure all of us here do own a Take-5 already;) Do comment on this writeup (positively or negatively!) if you feel like it!

Re: Custom commercial patches / presets for Take-5.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 02:07:01 PM »
Hi

I bought these 200 patches yesterday.
Not really had time to get play with them much, but they sounds awesome.
Thanks Jexus.

tip: use Knobkraft ORM - you can load Jexus' patches into the DB,  and just try them out one at a time and save them as you like into any slot.

Jexus

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 12:32:18 AM »
Hi

I bought these 200 patches yesterday.
Not really had time to get play with them much, but they sounds awesome.
Thanks Jexus.

tip: use Knobkraft ORM - you can load Jexus' patches into the DB,  and just try them out one at a time and save them as you like into any slot.

Thanks! Enjoy the patches:)

I think the SoundTower software will also allow you to easily manage patches and their memory slots. I have the OB-6 version, does anyone have the Take-5 version?

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 06:31:10 AM »
I think the SoundTower software will also allow you to easily manage patches and their memory slots. I have the OB-6 version, does anyone have the Take-5 version?

Yup, the SoundTower standalone and PlugSE models also let you manage patches. This thread covers folks' experience with the toolset.