T6 aftertouch and Os update question

T6 aftertouch and Os update question
« on: June 06, 2023, 01:01:23 AM »
Hey All,

Just picked up my T6 today, a have 2 questions if anyone here could help please ?

firstly is there any way to turn the aftertouch down, its super over-responsive even with the pot turned down.

secondly, is there a software update available right now - I'm trying to find the current OS version ?

(I'm on ver 1.01)

thx so much.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:05:15 AM by Wairarapa »

Elric

• Peak Oil
Re: T6 aftertouch and Os update question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 03:16:36 AM »
After touch is not great.

I blame the keyboard. - Although they (keyboard makers*) make decent keybeds, the switch between light and hard pressure is mostly just a *switch*.  :/  [Very little "ramping"]
There is very little "transition" between hard and light.
And the "curves" (are not really 'curves') hardly make a difference. (I know what you mean.)

And this is on all recent synths. Maybe, minus the poly-after-touch keyboards.
After-touch seems to be an on/off switch.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 03:19:31 AM by Elric »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 06:26:11 AM »
Hey All,

Just picked up my T6 today, a have 2 questions if anyone here could help please ?

firstly is there any way to turn the aftertouch down, its super over-responsive even with the pot turned down.

secondly, is there a software update available right now - I'm trying to find the current OS version ?

(I'm on ver 1.01)

thx so much.

There are global aftertouch curves in the Globals menu. It’s labelled on one of the numerical buttons.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 06:10:17 PM »
thanks so much I'll take a look now

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 02:46:37 PM »
Which curve is the most responsive?

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 11:48:08 PM »
The new 1.1.2 update fixes the poor aftertouch response.  It's a lot better now!