How many time are you tuning your P10?

How many time are you tuning your P10?
« on: June 02, 2023, 05:06:08 AM »
Just by curiosity, when you're in a fix temperature environment, how many time will you tune your P10 on a 5 hours use?

I find myself tune it at less 2 time, sometime 3. I'm wondering if it's normal.

Cheers

g3o2

Re: How many time are you tuning your P10?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 06:10:09 AM »
I am not sure whether or not it would be enough to consider the environmental temperature only. Unless you used the Prophet every second of those 5 hours, I’d expect the Prophet’s internal temperature to fluctuate more or less considerably and to cause tuning instability.

My use is far less heavy than your’s. During a one hour session I tune once after a 10 minute warm-up, that is for the desktop unit.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 06:14:22 AM by g3o2 »

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 06:17:02 AM »
I am not sure whether or not it would be enough to consider the environmental temperature only. Unless you used the Prophet every second of those 5 hours, I’d expect the Prophet’s internal temperature to fluctuate more or less considerably and to cause tuning instability.

My use is far less heavy than your’s. During a one hour session I tune once after a 10 minute warm-up, that is for the desktop unit.

Yes, you are right about internal temperature. I just didn't mentioned. Thanks for sharing.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 10:44:07 PM »
Just by curiosity, when you're in a fix temperature environment, how many time will you tune your P10 on a 5 hours use?

Cheers

I don't tune it at all.  Sometimes I leave it on for 5 hours. 
Prophet 10, 0692
Ryzen 3900XT 12/24
Studio One
iPhone 5s Moog Model D via bluetooths of Reface Looper or Xkeys, Arturia Beatstep Pro w/Roland System 1m, Roland JP08, Roland TD17s as drums &->Prophet 10, Oxygen 8v2->Prophet, Akai Adv 25 or Launchey arps->Prophet10 or any all VSTs.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 01:58:12 AM »
I allow a warm up time of about 20 minutes. Them it seems to be stable without any further tuning. AFAIK, the tuning stores some coefficients along with the measured temperature. That said, it makes sense to let warm up the electronic, press tuning and enjoy. Switching it on and press tuning right away makes it worse. And it takes about the same time as to let it warm up. The tuning itself takes a lot of time.

Best,

Steffan

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2023, 04:29:43 AM »

Cheers

I don't tune it at all.  Sometimes I leave it on for 5 hours.

Look like mine might be a bit more sensitive to temperature change. I would say every hour the Oscillator #2 get detune.
I will try to erase the tuning memory table and starting to build a new one.It might help.

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2023, 04:57:29 AM »
I use to tune it 1 or 2 times a day, but since around 6 months I NEVER had to push the tune button once.
It's always perfectly in tune.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023, 02:01:40 AM »
I use to tune it 1 or 2 times a day, but since around 6 months I NEVER had to push the tune button once.

Nice. I just move in a new house. Less Humidity and temperature variation. So far it's way more stable and don't have to tune it as often. I didn't reset the calibration table yet. I'll give a try soon.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 06:38:53 PM »

Agreed. I was really worried about this when I first got the Prophet but after a week or three, it stabilized completely. I tune it every now and then and not because I notice something off. I think the tables get set and then, barring any radical changes in temp or humidity, my Prophet 10 is as stable as my Prophet 6.
Prophet 6 #7612; Pro3 #378; Prophet 10 #2878