Which Prophet(s) Support Breath Control?

Which Prophet(s) Support Breath Control?
« on: May 31, 2023, 05:32:24 PM »
Hi, my first post ....

I am a saxophonist (also pianist and learning guitar).

I have several wind controllers.

Do any Prophets support breath control?  I am most interested in the Rev 4 5/10.

I have an original EWI 1000/2000 like Brecker first used.  He did use the Expander. Standard MIDI cable.

Thanks!

Re: Which Prophet(s) Support Breath Control?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 08:05:27 PM »
In other words, which ones support MIDI CC#2 (continuous control)?

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 01:50:47 AM »
I saw Michael B with Roy Hargrove , Herbie Hancock and  TerryLynn Carrington. Sadly Roy and Michael are no longer with us. He played a breath controller then  too.I believe it was new directions in music I think was what the performance was called. This was along time ago. I even remember skunk funk by
Randy B and Michael B. It was a great concert. I also saw Tony Williams with Mulgrew Miller  at Caravan of Dreams in Fortworth Texas  many years ago as well as Mcoy Tyner. I had Mcoy Tyner sign an LP record Tender Moments With Mcoy Tyner.  Sadly he’s no longer with us either. Wallace Rooney was with Tony Williams as well . He was married to Geri Allen . I was going to study with her at the University Of Pittsburgh but  sadly she took ill and passed. Sadly Wallace is gone also. They were all great and will be missed.

Qwave

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 01:30:37 AM »
Do any Prophets support breath control?  I am most interested in the Rev 4 5/10.
Welcome!

The Prophet 5/10 Rev 4 does not support the Breath control MIDI CC. Bu suing some little extra boxes, you should be able to route it to many of the implemented MIDi CCs available on this synth. Like Filter Cutoff (MIDI CC #73) or plain volume (MIDI CC #7).
keep on turning these knobs

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 03:20:57 AM »
Breath controller with Prophet-5 / 10 will not work
because the sounds of the Prophet is breathtaking    ;D

Cheers !   8)
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 01:11:08 PM »
If you use a DAW there are tools to convert one CC (such breath control) to other CC (such filter, amplitude etc). I’ve seen it in Logic but should be standard in common DAWs. Otherwise I’m sure there are hardware solutions doing the same thing.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2023, 03:50:02 PM »
I saw Michael B with Roy Hargrove , Herbie Hancock and  TerryLynn Carrington. Sadly Roy and Michael are no longer with us. He played a breath controller then  too.I believe it was new directions in music I think was what the performance was called. This was along time ago. I even remember skunk funk by
Randy B and Michael B. It was a great concert. I also saw Tony Williams with Mulgrew Miller  at Caravan of Dreams in Fortworth Texas  many years ago as well as Mcoy Tyner. I had Mcoy Tyner sign an LP record Tender Moments With Mcoy Tyner.  Sadly he’s no longer with us either. Wallace Rooney was with Tony Williams as well . He was married to Geri Allen . I was going to study with her at the University Of Pittsburgh but  sadly she took ill and passed. Sadly Wallace is gone also. They were all great and will be missed.

I spoke to Mike backstage at Orchestra Hall for the Herbie / Roy Directions show.  He had just got what is no the "NuRad" ... which is the outgrowth of the Akai EWI 1000/2220, which he initially played and which I have.  I knew Geri from Detroit.  I've seen all those people, played my sax with Roy at a jam session - he showed up in a hoodie with horn in backpack.  I didn't know who he was until he started playing!

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2023, 03:51:14 PM »
Welcome!

The Prophet 5/10 Rev 4 does not support the Breath control MIDI CC. Bu suing some little extra boxes, you should be able to route it to many of the implemented MIDi CCs available on this synth. Like Filter Cutoff (MIDI CC #73) or plain volume (MIDI CC #7).

Thank you, I will try those!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2023, 03:52:10 PM »
If you use a DAW there are tools to convert one CC (such breath control) to other CC (such filter, amplitude etc). I’ve seen it in Logic but should be standard in common DAWs. Otherwise I’m sure there are hardware solutions doing the same thing.

Thanks, not trying to use a DAW though.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2023, 12:20:01 PM »

Thanks, not trying to use a DAW though.

you might investigate this option-

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1772010-REG/midi_solutions_event_processor_plus_32_setting_midi_event_processor.html/?ap=y&smp=y&smpm=ba_f2_lar&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkqSlBhDaARIsAFJANkit0V6_SO2c3Mpok3cF2dQhKFlIOMda13uN4cDhssspsNSZ2l6Ehh8aAllkEALw_wcB

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2023, 12:33:07 PM »
he showed up in a hoodie with horn in backpack.  I didn't know who he was until he started playing!
I miss Roy…