Trigon Review Request

Elric

• Peak Oil
Trigon Review Request
« on: September 07, 2023, 03:27:32 AM »
Why does everybody do the same stuff?
I want to hear the oscs and the filter!
F the effects and the digital distortion!
(Please do a demo with NO effects! And No feedback or distortion!)

Otherwise, it's just the same old S#!+..  - Boo

(hey, admins, please / feel free to delete this. I tried.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 04:39:39 AM by chysn »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

chysn

Re: Trigon Review Request
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 04:45:08 AM »
I changed the title to reflect what you’re really saying, but it’s a subject worth exploring.

Really, I don’t think a Trigon review worth its salt should exclude effects and feedback, especially since they’re mod destinations (aftertouch and polymod, respectively) and part of the instrument’s character. And I’m not sure why including those things is such a dealbreaker.

Have you seen this one?

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6997.0.html
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 04:35:33 PM »

You can give this one a go too

drxcm

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 07:30:02 AM »

Analog distortion isn’t it??

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 05:22:26 PM »

Really, I don’t think a Trigon review worth its salt should exclude effects and feedback, especially since they’re mod destinations (aftertouch and polymod, respectively) and part of the instrument’s character. And I’m not sure why including those things is such a dealbreaker.

Have you seen this one?

I'm pretty sure I've seen all of the youtube demos of the Trigon. I do a new search almost everyday.

They mostly cover the same stuff.
  The new VCOs and Ladder Filter are the new unique parts of the synth. I'd like to see somebody focus on those. - I almost never use the Distortion or Feedback on my Pro3, I'm not a fan of them.
  And the effects are digital, right? I often use very little FX either on my Pro3. I'm just looking for more of the pure tone. Even though YT's audio compression messes up the sound a bit.
  I wish I had a music store near me that carried it, but no luck.

Yea, my mistake, it probably is. Similar to my Pro3's distortion(?), which I'm not really a fan of and almost never use because makes most patches sound to similar. I usually like smoother tones.
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 06:48:33 AM »

Have you seen this one?

I'm pretty sure I've seen all of the youtube demos of the Trigon. I do a new search almost everyday.

They mostly cover the same stuff.
  The new VCOs and Ladder Filter are the new unique parts of the synth. I'd like to see somebody focus on those. - I almost never use the Distortion or Feedback on my Pro3, I'm not a fan of them.
  And the effects are digital, right? I often use very little FX either on my Pro3. I'm just looking for more of the pure tone. Even though YT's audio compression messes up the sound a bit.
  I wish I had a music store near me that carried it, but no luck.

Yea, my mistake, it probably is. Similar to my Pro3's distortion(?), which I'm not really a fan of and almost never use because makes most patches sound to similar. I usually like smoother tones.

You literally had people take their time to post links to reviews where they look - in detail - at what you’re after. Did you actually watch those?

chysn

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 08:24:13 AM »

If you're waiting for some video to come along and wow you, and the Nick Batt video didn't do that, it's more likely that the instrument isn't your personal cup of tea than that nobody's doing good videos about it.

I almost never use the Distortion or Feedback on my Pro3, I'm not a fan of them. And the effects are digital, right? I often use very little FX either on my Pro3.

It sounds like you're annoyed that the Trigon-6 even has effects and feedback, and that seems like Prophet 5 territory.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 03:12:10 PM »

You literally had people take their time to post links to reviews where they look - in detail - at what you’re after. Did you actually watch those?

Yes, and I've seen them, all. And no, they didn't do that. Just pressed some waveform buttons.
[Actually, Loopop kind of does it for a few seconds here and there is his review.]

It sounds like you're annoyed that the Trigon-6 even has effects and feedback, and that seems like Prophet 5 territory.

Haha. No.

I did try to delete that first message after editing it a few times, but it wouldn't let me.
Then I asked for to BE deleted. - Should have just deleted it.

[Edit: Maybe I'm looking for a sort of a freshly built MemoryMoog, which didn't have FX or Dist. and I want to hear the raw tones and really simple patches. - Always nice to have extra things to add though.]

I'll repeat. Please delete my first message and this thread.  Sorry I couldn't explain myself well.
Jeez.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 04:23:32 PM by Elric »

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 09:46:41 PM »

Yes, and I've seen them, all. And no, they didn't do that. Just pressed some waveform buttons.
[Actually, Loopop kind of does it for a few seconds here and there is his review.]

Haha. No.

I did try to delete that first message after editing it a few times, but it wouldn't let me.
Then I asked for to BE deleted. - Should have just deleted it.

[Edit: Maybe I'm looking for a sort of a freshly built MemoryMoog, which didn't have FX or Dist. and I want to hear the raw tones and really simple patches. - Always nice to have extra things to add though.]

I'll repeat. Please delete my first message and this thread.  Sorry I couldn't explain myself well.
Jeez.

You say “jeez” like it’s everyone else who has the problem.

Honestly, that one I posted spends literally the whole first part of the review goes deep into the oscillators. Really hard to understand what it is you’re after here.

Anyway, not gonna spend any more time on this, good luck in finding your bespoke review.