OBX8 performance

SMV

OBX8 performance
« on: May 31, 2023, 03:11:49 AM »
Hello guys,
some day ago, I was watching again the movie " The name of the rose" ( 1986 ), and I was captured by the main theme.
I played it on my OBX8 using a pad and a control pedal to open the filter. The sound is also going through an Eventide H90 with a bit of chorus and reverb ( though is digital, it sounds amazing).
Please, have a look. Thanks.

SMV

Re: OBX8 performance
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 04:41:59 PM »
Sounds good. I haven’t connected any effects to my obx8 yet. Your video inspired me to hook up my Roland re 201 space echo pedal.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 04:44:41 PM »
Sounds classical

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 11:33:13 PM »
Sounds great!

SMV

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2023, 12:05:27 AM »
Thanks.... and about the H90, even if it is digital, it doesn't interfere with the warmness and beauty of my analog synths I use with it ;)
SMV

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 10:19:37 PM »
I almost got the H90 but got the Eventide SPACE instead. There was a waiting time for the H90 and of course the cost .
I like the knob per function on the Space. I like the fact you can use two effects at once on the H90.  The H90 was almost twice the cost of the Space. The H90 sold out and was back ordered. It seems to be very popular. I guess some people were using two H9s whereas the H90 is more cost effective. It would be nice to have the time factor , the mod factor, the space
And the pitch factor . I like the fact they all have knob per function. I don’t use a computer to edit the different algorithms like you could on the H9 and H90.  I don’t use a DAW.  I like to keep things simple since my application is live .the H90 has
More options and the ability to route things in different configurations.

SMV

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 02:55:38 AM »
I had an Eventide Space and I sold it to get the H90 ( of course with other money ). Anyway I understand your thought. The H9 has too few knobs. The H90 is very easy to use and even if has not one knob per function, is pretty fast and intuitive to use and you can program it also without using the computer app. I really don't regret my choice. And of course it sounds amazing :)
SMV