Calibration fails

Calibration fails
« on: May 26, 2023, 05:54:44 PM »
Just got my OB-X8 today and after playing for a while I noticed that the sync button didn't seem to be working.   It came with 1.0.0.3, so I tried updating to the latest 1.0.0.7.   After the update I went through the calibration and got either no audio, or only some voices worked.  Tried all of the troubleshooting methods (reseting calibration, globals etc, refreshing the firmware, downgrading back to 1.0.0.2) but nothing works.   It is now getting failed calibration either for voices or filters.   I'm assuming I just got a bad unit at this point.   I'll see if tech support has a simple fix that I somehow missed.   Did see anyone else with the same issues, so hopefully this is a very rare occurrence. 

Re: Calibration fails
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 07:58:30 PM »
Just got my OB-X8 today and after playing for a while I noticed that the sync button didn't seem to be working.   It came with 1.0.0.3, so I tried updating to the latest 1.0.0.7.   After the update I went through the calibration and got either no audio, or only some voices worked.  Tried all of the troubleshooting methods (reseting calibration, globals etc, refreshing the firmware, downgrading back to 1.0.0.2) but nothing works.   It is now getting failed calibration either for voices or filters.   I'm assuming I just got a bad unit at this point.   I'll see if tech support has a simple fix that I somehow missed.   Did see anyone else with the same issues, so hopefully this is a very rare occurrence.

Yeah this exact thing happened to me. They told me how to use bootloader mode to reinstall the 1.0.0.7 from there. Also very important to restart after the install before calibrating.

Re: Calibration fails
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 09:20:50 PM »
Ok cool, I got the oscillators to tune using the tune button.  Things are still a little weird with the filter but at least I could enjoy playing it tonight :) I’ll try the boot loader tomorrow, thanks for the help!