Take 5 Customer Service Frustration (Lack of Timely & Accurate Communication)

Hi folks. I really don't like being the kind of person who jumps into a forum just to complain (especially as his first post). But I guess here goes...

I ran into the same MIDI motherboard issue that others have had with the Take 5. Went through each step to confirm the motherboard was indeed the issue (with a full day's delay between each response while emailing support). I paid the $200 deposit to have the replacement board sent, and then waited a week without an update or confirmation with UPS info.

After reaching out, I finally got an update today saying that the boards are currently out of stock for the next two weeks. I understand this can happen, but I wish I would have been told this up front when I handed over $200 in good faith with the expectation that I'd be able to repair my Take 5 promptly.

I'm trying to gig and record with this thing, and while it's frustrating at one level to have the Take 5 largely out of commission, I'm more frustrated at the lack of up front communication with Support.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:42:50 PM by jasonmcgovern »

cbmd

• Sequential
Sorry for your experience, Jason.  Our service department doesn't have access to board stock levels at our manufacturers.  We typically take payment for a swap then place the order with the CM.  In my 10 years of experience in service, it is pretty rare for boards to not be in stock when ordered.  Despite this, we apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustration.  We appreciate your patience and would be happy to refund your deposit while the boards are re-stocked.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

Hi there. I would appreciate the refund on the deposit for sure. Does the service department have any way of being notified when the boards are back in stock? (And by extension, would I be able to be notified when the boards are back in stock?)

The only other thing that I would implore is that you ensure that your service department has all the information they need to best help out customers.

Here is my support ticket number:

cbmd

• Sequential
I've asked my colleague in support to reach back out to you in this regard.  We hope to have your Take 5 issues resolved as soon as possible!
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim