Some Prophet X custom patch videos

Some Prophet X custom patch videos
« on: May 15, 2023, 09:26:26 PM »
I wanted to showcase some of what you can do to emulate classic digital synths using the Prophet X's factory samples.

Wavestation, D50, M1 are all the main influences here.

None of these are 1:1 copies of the original patches, they are intended to be inspired by them but have their own unique flavor. I think they certainly show that using the linear arithmetic synthesis and additive synthesis techniques you can achieve some pretty fantastic sounds.

Hope you all enjoy. Please give me any feedback or suggestions or even requests for some potential custom patches. If I get enough requests I may start selling some patches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0PDaKdgar4

Re: Some Prophet X custom patch videos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 09:29:34 PM »
Here I'm going to do a real time patch creation trying to emulate the Digital Native Dance patch from the Roland D50. It's a very unique sounding patch and one that's incredibly difficult to imitate. This is why the video is a long one.

That being said, the end result is very very good. A lot better than my original attempt at it and I think with a few more adjustments, it'll be darn near perfect. Maybe adjusting the oscillators to different waveforms. Listening back now, there's clearly a harsher tone in the pad portion of the patch.

The rhythmic part is incredibly difficult to duplicate but I think I'm getting there and the cymbal should be tuned just a tad lower with a slower attack on the filter sweep but overall I think it turned out quite well.

Obviously making a 1:1 copy of a patch from a different synth is rather silly (especially since I have the original sample inside the Prophet X lol) but the concept and techniques of linear arithmetic synthesis (Samples mixed with synthesis...similar to the Prophet X) allow you to really explore with the onboard samples of the Prophet X. The Atmosphere and Cinematic sample categories are really a world of uncharted sonic territory and it's fun to approach them with using techniques from famous digital synths.

Please offer suggestions and feedback and if you would like me to start selling patches, please let me know.

Also if you have any suggestions for patch ideas, let me know in the comments and we can discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob2wPhZvWuE&t=0s

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 12:46:19 AM »
Had a listen to the first video this morning. You are pulling some great sounds out of the PX.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 09:16:21 AM »
I agree with Derek - I especially liked the Wavestation pad, and inspires me to try this and some of the other techniques you showed.
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 11:04:05 AM »
Had a listen to the first video this morning. You are pulling some great sounds out of the PX.

Thank you. I’ve had the PX since it came out and I’m still finding there’s loads to explore sonically.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2023, 11:05:17 AM »
I agree with Derek - I especially liked the Wavestation pad, and inspires me to try this and some of the other techniques you showed.

Thank you. Honestly the Ambience category almost feels like an instant Wavestation patch on every key.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 08:45:31 AM »
None of these are 1:1 copies of the original patches, they are intended to be inspired by them but have their own unique flavor. I think they certainly show that using the linear arithmetic synthesis and additive synthesis techniques you can achieve some pretty fantastic sounds.

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 02:02:02 PM »

Thank you!

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 06:01:14 AM »

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2024, 06:20:33 PM »
Thanks. This is a great idea.  :)