Kontakt Instruments on PX via Toolkit or Samplerobot?

Kontakt Instruments on PX via Toolkit or Samplerobot?
« on: April 03, 2023, 01:51:15 PM »
I have just begun using user samples in the PX, and I can see so many possibilities opening up. Looking around the marketplace for sample packs etc. I am already aware that there are hardly any official add-ons. I have loaded a couple of things via the PX Toolkit, simple one shots and pitched across the keyboard. Looking around I can see that most of the things that interest me sample pack wise are Kontakt instruments.

I know nothing about Kontakt and have no real desire to go that way, but does anyone know if it’s possible to get Kontakt packs onto the PX via the PX Toolkit / Samplerobot?

Does anyone have experience of this, for example is it easy to isolate the actual core samples from a Kontakt pack (the wav files for example) so that they can be loaded onto the PX?

Re: Kontakt Instruments on PX via Toolkit or Samplerobot?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 06:53:09 AM »
I’m pretty sure that Samplerobot will do the job for you. I haven’t done it for my PX but I have sampled Kontakt sounds for my eurorack system as simple wav files. As I recall, the latest version of Samplerobot has the option to save sampled sounds in the file/folder format needed by the PX synth so it should simply be a matter of sampling and saving in PX format. One thing that I would advise is that, after sampling, you do a normalize-all-samples. Otherwise they can sometimes be pretty quiet.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 02:25:06 AM »
Kontakt instrument files are typically compiled andencrypted by Native Instruments to protect their intellectual property and prevent unauthorized access to the samples.                                                                                          Drift Boss   

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 05:44:57 AM »
Kontakt instrument files are typically compiled andencrypted by Native Instruments to protect their intellectual property and prevent unauthorized access to the samples.                                                                                          Drift Boss   

This is correct. The files themselves are not playable but if you use Kontakt to play Native Instruments files they are easily recordable. That’s the point of using Native Instruments sounds. Load Kontakt into SampleRobot and record any NI files that you own and … any hardware keyboards in your studio.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 05:52:47 AM by thirteen_engines »
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2023, 09:04:29 AM »
If you have Logic pro X, use the "Auto sampler" Plug in then, PX tool kit... you'll sample all the Kontakt instruments you want.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 10:51:23 AM »
Unbelievably, Logic is cheaper that Sample Robot Pro.  Any benefits to the latter?  How does the Logic auto sampler handle sustain loops?  Automatically like SR?  Does the auto loop feature in SR work well?

Shaw

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 07:02:59 PM »
Unbelievably, Logic is cheaper that Sample Robot Pro.  Any benefits to the latter?  How does the Logic auto sampler handle sustain loops?  Automatically like SR?  Does the auto loop feature in SR work well?
Logic, while my DAW of choice, pales in comparison to SampleRobot for sampling, looping & editing, batch processing, ….
You can probably do your project with just Logic, but Sample Robot will do it MUCH quicker and better. 
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |