Something for the Dawless musician (MIDI/Audio recorder/arranger)

This looks fantastic

Audio
Record to up to 8 stereo Audio Tracks, via Mono/Stereo 1/4” Input or XLR Microphone Preamp. Cut, copy, paste your Music. Merge and bounce your Tracks.

Midi
Connect your Midi Devices using full size Midi in/out. Or connect up to 16 USB Midi devices to the USB-A Port. Record and Edit Midi Events.

More
Use selected Effects on each Audio Track. Send each Track to a Delay and Reverb Bus. Import WAV Files and Loops into your arrangement. Export individual Stems or whole Tracks.

https://www.thingstone.com/?fbclid=IwAR180INqf5vYoF1ATbEWToIaVigsqg0D_NhEXrdeBZvg4zuKa4VOYyJwTIg

Really intriguing. I've been tempted to go analog just to get away from the screen/mouse trap. Without knowing anything about this unit, I'd like to think it's not going to be the only one of its kind out there in the near future. I do love working in Logic, but I curse the screen every day. I've tried digging up various earlier recording tech - I brought my 4-track and both of my Roland VS units up from the basement. More recently, I picked up a Tascam Model 12 and a Zoom R8. The latter have been great for getting songwriting done, but if there's a legit/viable standalone recorder that does all the show pony tricks I need, phew!

chysn

It looks cool, but it's vaporware until there's an ORDER NOW button on Sweetwater or Perfect Circuit.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

It looks cool, but it's vaporware until there's an ORDER NOW button on Sweetwater or Perfect Circuit.

It was at Superbooth and apparently everyone walked by it and it got no coverage. I didn't even know about it until someone attending snapped a photo of it and was asking what it was and just today someone found the site.

Really intriguing. I've been tempted to go analog just to get away from the screen/mouse trap. Without knowing anything about this unit, I'd like to think it's not going to be the only one of its kind out there in the near future. I do love working in Logic, but I curse the screen every day. I've tried digging up various earlier recording tech - I brought my 4-track and both of my Roland VS units up from the basement. More recently, I picked up a Tascam Model 12 and a Zoom R8. The latter have been great for getting songwriting done, but if there's a legit/viable standalone recorder that does all the show pony tricks I need, phew!

This is why I loved the Social Entropy Engine sequencer or the new RK-008 sequencer. Even my ISLA S2400 or Tempest. I love really basic screens and just focusing on sound rather than visually seeing the entire timeline.

https://socialentropy.com/pages/product_engine

I'm strongly considering switching to the basic Ableton software for my DAW of choice and just customize the skin for it to emulate an old Atari, Commodore or Amega computer.

I seriously hope these are priced decently and become readily available soon. I would only use the computer for more extensive orchestral type compositions or for bouncing stems to for further processing and just have the Track8 be my main sequencing and recording hub.

LPF83

I love the look of it, but feature wise would have trouble getting past the fact my MPC Live 2 does everything it does and a lot more (unless I'm missing some compelling feature; I did only glance over it).
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

I love the look of it, but feature wise would have trouble getting past the fact my MPC Live 2 does everything it does and a lot more (unless I'm missing some compelling feature; I did only glance over it).

Nope you didn't. I think the point is it's stripped down and basic.

LPF83

Which I do get, and especially appreciate the buttons.. but I think at ~$1,500 EUR, it's not for me.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Which I do get, and especially appreciate the buttons.. but I think at ~$1,500 EUR, it's not for me.

OOOOOFFFF! That's a lot for what it is but usually first products from new companies are almost always expensive because of the overhead and R&D. Still....for some reason, I'm attracted to it. Maybe because of how stripped down it is. Same with the RK-008.