Pedal/CV alternative uses

Pedal/CV alternative uses
« on: May 15, 2023, 03:05:33 AM »
Just curious if anyone has connected anything other than an expression pedal to the Pedal/CV input jack?
I was wondering if it is possible to use a CV source from modular to allow further FM or EG modulation.

Also I think it strange that the Sequencer input cannot be routed as a modulator when accepting audio input.
Prophet X, Korg Modwave, Wavestate, Novation Summit, Microfreak, B2600, Akai Force, Skulpt, Uno Pro, Ableton Live and some modular

chysn

Re: Pedal/CV alternative uses
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 09:10:02 AM »
Just curious if anyone has connected anything other than an expression pedal to the Pedal/CV input jack?
I was wondering if it is possible to use a CV source from modular to allow further FM or EG modulation.

The good news is that you can use another CV source in the expression pedal jack. The bad news is that these inputs are subject to a healthy amount of hysteresis, to smooth the erratic behavior of human feet. I've found them nigh-useless with modular CV (my experience in this area has been with Mopho Keyboard and Prophet 5).
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Re: Pedal/CV alternative uses
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 08:07:38 AM »
Something that could be interresting (I use it) : Connecting the headphone out to CV in of the PX.
Select Breath control.
Use the CV input as a source, then, select a destination.
Could be great for adding a bit of chaos to Level, pitch....
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 08:55:14 AM by jifra »