Oberheim LOGO?

Oberheim LOGO?
« on: May 09, 2023, 10:18:14 AM »
I've seen pictures of the OB6 featuring the classic "Oberheim" logo but on both the Sequential and Oberheim sites it still shows the signature "Tom Oberheim" logo instead.

Was the traditional "Oberheim" logo only on a few units and it not officially going forward?

Re: Oberheim LOGO?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 07:21:48 PM »
Yes, I would like an oberheim logo sticker for my ob6 keyboard!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 04:45:26 AM »
I just bought a new desktop module and it has the signature.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 09:34:40 PM »
I really wish someone at Sequential would confirm what’s going on with this.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 06:23:13 AM »
There seem to be several versions. Some have the Sequential logo on the back, but mine (with keyboard) has Dave Smith Instruments. And I've seen pictures of some that don't have the signature or OB-6 logo on the front. The Oberheim website lists the OB-6 as well as the OB-X8 now, so perhaps new units are being made under that brand?

kpatz

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 10:37:32 AM »
Early units had the DSI logo.  As of a couple years ago they changed to using the Sequential logo on all synths including the Rev2 and OB-6.  (Exception being the OB-X8 of course, which has the Oberheim logo)

As for the Oberheim logo on the OB-6, they seem to always have had the Tom signature silkscreened on the OB-6 but a year or two ago some shipped with an Oberheim logo decal applied over the signature.  I’ve never heard of one with no logo OR signature but I’ve seen stock photos without it, perhaps it was edited out or it was an early prototype or something?  I don’t know that any shipped without the signature at all.  I don’t know why some shipped with an Oberheim decal added but then they seem to have stopped doing that, either.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 12:35:00 PM »
  I have seen a desktop version for sale, however I am skeptical because I have not seen any pictures online with the Oberheim logo on the front of the unit. 

kpatz

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 07:09:43 PM »
  I have seen a desktop version for sale, however I am skeptical because I have not seen any pictures online with the Oberheim logo on the front of the unit.
That’s where the decal was applied on the units that shipped with it, over the T.O. Signature.  Seems they only shipped them for a short while with them.

Of course if you’re looking at a used one, the previous owner could have had an Oberheim decal made and applied too.