OB-x8 Pitch Wheel Issues

OB-x8 Pitch Wheel Issues
« on: February 07, 2024, 12:23:22 PM »
I bought my OB-x8 synth in 2022 around October month. But 6 months ago I started having issues with the pitch and mod wheel. whenever I touch it, there seems to be modulation constantly  on all patches - and the pitch wheel works with up to 1.5 seconds of delay.

i have tried to update the firmware and calibrated the synth many times, but it doesn't fix the issue. A full calibration only fixes the constantly modulation, until you touch the mod of pitch wheel again. Then the synth goes back to constantly pitch modulating all patches and notes while playing.

before this issue, I also had other issues, like wierd noises while turning the filter  and ADSR knobs. but in October 2023 I had the whole synth sent to the Oberheim service center to fix. unfortunately they just sent the synth back after 1.5 months without fixing the pitch wheel issue but just fixing the noise...

does anyone know about this issue or how I can fix it? I use the Synth everyday, since its very important for me - right now I just can't use the pitch and mod wheel because it will screw everything up...

does anyone know anything? 

LPF83

Re: OB-x8 Pitch Wheel Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 04:22:58 PM »
I bought my OB-x8 synth in 2022 around October month. But 6 months ago I started having issues with the pitch and mod wheel. whenever I touch it, there seems to be modulation constantly  on all patches - and the pitch wheel works with up to 1.5 seconds of delay.

i have tried to update the firmware and calibrated the synth many times, but it doesn't fix the issue. A full calibration only fixes the constantly modulation, until you touch the mod of pitch wheel again. Then the synth goes back to constantly pitch modulating all patches and notes while playing.

before this issue, I also had other issues, like wierd noises while turning the filter  and ADSR knobs. but in October 2023 I had the whole synth sent to the Oberheim service center to fix. unfortunately they just sent the synth back after 1.5 months without fixing the pitch wheel issue but just fixing the noise...

does anyone know about this issue or how I can fix it? I use the Synth everyday, since its very important for me - right now I just can't use the pitch and mod wheel because it will screw everything up...

What was Oberheim support's assessment of the situation and reason the pitch wheel wasn't fixed?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 04:29:19 PM »
Hi! What was the support ticket number? Was the synth sent to San Francisco (it's a very long repair time for us)?

Have you tried calibrating the levers using the global menu Lever Calibration routine?
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 11:09:22 PM »
And another, did you reset globals after firmware update? Not doing so can cause all sorts of weirdness.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 11:18:40 AM »
Hi! What was the support ticket number? Was the synth sent to San Francisco (it's a very long repair time for us)?

Have you tried calibrating the levers using the global menu Lever Calibration routine?

Oh yes thanks" it worked. I didn't knew I had to calibrate the levers by holding the pitch wheels down etc.

thanks!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 11:19:43 AM »

What was Oberheim support's assessment of the situation and reason the pitch wheel wasn't fixed?

Ah I think the danish retailer have sent it to a private repair house - Not Oberheim service center in San Francisco.