UDO Super Gemini

LPF83

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: UDO Super Gemini
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 05:52:25 AM »
It'll be at least $6-7 grand I reckon.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 06:41:16 AM »
I actually love the layout...it almost reminds me of what a bi-timbral Prophet 6 successor might look like.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 12:38:21 PM »
I know this sounds odd....and it doesn't matter but there's something I really dislike about a digital oscillator based synth not having a menu or display. I really think this form factor would be better suited for a new VCO synth.

LPF83

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 03:16:33 PM »
I know this sounds odd....and it doesn't matter but there's something I really dislike about a digital oscillator based synth not having a menu or display. I really think this form factor would be better suited for a new VCO synth.

Lack of a display has been one of the main complaints from owners, kind of surprised they didn't address it with this model.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 07:48:05 PM »

Lack of a display has been one of the main complaints from owners, kind of surprised they didn't address it with this model.

It's something that's always bothered me about the Super 6. It feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's interface, lack of display and form factor are very analog while it's oscillators are digital...yet they don't really explore all the benefits of FPGA oscillators compared to something like the Summit. I always felt, and still feel that they should have just went with VCOs. I know it's not a popular statement and I'll get lectures on FPGA vs VCOs but to me if you aren't going to utilize something to it's full extent, why bother using it.

jg666

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 12:12:34 AM »
There's a first look video on Sonicstate :-

DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

LPF83

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 04:24:10 AM »
There's a first look video on Sonicstate :-

Interesting about the signal path being different from the Super 6 (George described as more saturated / more forward and darker than the S6).  This makes me think the design is going for more of a CS-80 sound.