Oberheim OB-5?

Oberheim OB-5?
« on: May 05, 2023, 09:51:44 AM »

Please make a compact and affordable Oberheim "OB-5" based on the Take 5 design.

It's my next synth purchase.   ;D

Thank you!

Re: Oberheim OB-5?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 11:29:53 AM »
I'd rather see them do a something similar to the Tetra but based around the SEM Four Voice so essentially you are getting 4 SEM synths that can operate polyphonically and individually.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 12:19:06 PM »

I would probably buy that too!   ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 08:02:29 PM »
A compact and affordable Oberheim "SEM 5 Voice" (5 parts) would be an instant buy!

Sequential-Oberheim you can do it!  :D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 08:04:03 PM by Mr_You »

Why aren't DSI desktops also designed to fit in a rack?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 06:58:30 PM »
As a proud owner of a DSI desktop synthesizer, I have often found myself wondering why these compact and powerful instruments are not designed to easily fit into a standard rack setup. While the desktop format is perfect for saving space and portability, it can be a bit cumbersome to incorporate them into a larger studio rig without additional accessories or modifications.

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Why aren't DSI desktops also designed to fit in a rack?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 07:13:12 AM »
As a proud owner of a DSI desktop synthesizer, I have often found myself wondering why these compact and powerful instruments are not designed to easily fit into a standard rack setup. While the desktop format is perfect for saving space and portability, it can be a bit cumbersome to incorporate them into a larger studio rig without additional accessories or modifications.

I agree, and have a thread on exactly this topic here:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6999.0.html
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 08:58:50 AM »
Personally, I like the wider size of the desktops, even though they won’t fit in a standard rack. If the desktops were made narrower to fit in a rack, they would be much harder to operate. As an alternative, might it be possible to create a custom rack that is wide enough to hold the current desktops, that would be the best of all worlds.
Prophet 10 Rev4, OB-X8, Moog One, Rhodes Mk8, Osmose, OB-6 desktop, Trigon 6 Desktop, Kawai VPC-1, Steinway D

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 06:40:04 PM »
Despite the fact that the desktops won't fit in a typical rack, I prefer their broader dimensions.