How many illuminated buttons

How many illuminated buttons
« on: May 03, 2023, 04:45:38 AM »
 :o

Hi people,

I got a second hand Prophet Rev2 and I am wondering how many buttons are illuminated.

Cheers,
Ben

Re: How many illuminated buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 01:11:20 PM »
I reckon the same as a first hand Rev 2.

In all seriousness are you asking how many buttons light up on the synth?

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 01:36:05 AM »
I reckon the same as a first hand Rev 2.

In all seriousness are you asking how many buttons light up on the synth?

Yes I am because unlit they all look the same and this makes me wonder. I know, this question sounds funny.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 03:09:24 AM »
I would suggest testing the buttons to see which ones light up and counting them  :)

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 10:34:57 AM »
I would suggest testing the buttons to see which ones light up and counting them  :)

Wait, let me put it that way: How many should light up?

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 03:07:04 AM »
If OP think something is broken in his second hand synth, give us an example of one button that does not lit up?

What causes confusion is asking for the number of buttons?
- if anybody say 8, how does that help?

Some are true toggle feature, on/off, some are selection of what is active like LFO's, some initiate menu to set a value with parameter and other inititate menu and let you use both parameter and value knobs to set that.

With all respect, kind of a lot to explain.

if you suspect one should lit up and doesn't, name those and we can explain, maybe?

Assign source and destination does not lit up due to that they are not on/off thingy. Just inititate menu or hold to directly move a knob etc.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 03:39:45 PM »
:o

Hi people,

I got a second hand Prophet Rev2 and I am wondering how many buttons are illuminated.

Cheers,
Ben

I count 22 buttons that are illuminated.

And they are:
Unison, Hold, Glide, Tap Tempo, Arp On/Off, Sequencer Play and Record, Global, Write, Compare, Split A/B, Stack A+B, Edit Layer B, Effect On/Off, Effect CLK Sync, LFO 1-2-3-4, LFO CLK Sync and Key Sync, Filter 4 Pole.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 03:44:18 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340