Poly Evolver encoder replacement boards

Poly Evolver encoder replacement boards
« on: April 23, 2023, 05:43:51 AM »
Am I the only one, who would like to be able to buy new encoder PCBs due to the well-known encoder problems? It seems like the Focusrite take over has stopped that, or?

/hoegge

Re: Poly Evolver encoder replacement boards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 08:40:46 AM »
Have you tried contacting support?

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 10:55:46 AM »
Yes, and support was "supportive", but seems like the FocusRite takeover has put the planned PCBs on hold. But of course could try again.

Have you tried contacting support?

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 10:32:07 AM »
Unfortunately they are not producing them anymore. But there is a list of people waiting for a new encoder board / or even a pe upgrade kit. It would be amazing if they would offer a replacement kit again
I feel it’s also important, as it shows that they are supporting their instruments for the long run.
Just contact the support and ask them to add them to the list, maybe if a lot of people apply they will do it! :)

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 02:29:37 AM »
I stopped waiting and replaced all the knobs instead. Used the recommended detended Alps encoders, and now all works fine. The firmware, though, is clearly made for un-detended knobs, so a bit annoying operation on some of the parameters, that are changing between discrete options. There you have to turn the knobs 3-4 clicks before they change, which means the click is suddenly useless and just in the way. I have asked if they have a fw version for detended knobs, now they recommend it but I'm afraid they dont.