Dead/Unresponsive Buttons on my PRO3 (most importantly the Global button)

I have a PRO3 SE running the latest firmware and panel OS.
Everything has been working fine for a while, but yesterday I noticed the PRO3 didn't seem to be transmitting MIDI from the Cutoff knob.

My initial thought was to check the MIDI settings in the global settings menu.
But when I clicked the global button, nothing happened.
No matter how many times I click the global button, nothing happens and the global menu does not load.
I tried switching patches, restarting the PRO3, and removing all cables apart from power, but no luck.

My next thought was to perform a reset/recalibration, but of course that requires the global menu, which I can't access, because the global button isn't working.
In desperation I reinstalled the latest OS and panel OS, but still no luck.
I also noticed the 'Misc Params' button does nothing either and pressing the 'Paraphonic' button seems to instead bring up settings for the sequencer and arp.
This last point makes me think it is possibly a software-based problem as the paraphonc button is 'working' but showing the wrong menu.

I've logged a support request with Sequential, but as it's the weekend. it'll be a day or 2 till it's likely to be picked up, so in the meantime I just wondered:

A; Has anyone else had dead/weird button behavior?
B: If so, did you manage to fix it without a hardware replacement?
C: Is there a way of performing a hard reset of the synth without access to the global menu?

chysn

Sounds like you have a disconnected (maybe partially disconnected) ribbon cable. Sequential’s going to suggest opening the synth up and re-seating the cables. It’s easy to do.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sounds like you have a disconnected (maybe partially disconnected) ribbon cable. Sequential’s going to suggest opening the synth up and re-seating the cables. It’s easy to do.

Fingers crossed!

The latest panel os can cause knob issues lol, you may want to try an older panel os and see if that helps. There is A couple of posts ' about this I believe.
:

The latest panel os can cause knob issues lol, you may want to try an older panel os and see if that helps. There is A couple of posts ' about this I believe.
:

I've been back and forth with a very helpful member of Sequential's support crew called Brian trying to fix the issues.
Funny enough one thing we tried was rolling back the Panel OS, but unfortunately didn't help.
Also tried opening up and reseating the Main > Panel ribbon cable (as predicted by @chysn above).
A repair request has now been opened with Sequential's service partner here in the UK.
So the PRO3 is off to the 'hospital' for a few weeks  :-\

Ok matey, good luck and i hope you get i resolved. Please keep this thread updated with the resolution 👍

Finally back from the 'Hospital'.
Repaired under warranty at A.R.T Ltd in UK (Sequential service partner).

Seems like the Global button was dead as expected.

Parts replaced:
Tactile switch SPST-NO
Diode BAW56-215
Inductor 1.5uH

All working as expected now.
Fingers crossed it's a one off.