Fallen piece inside my new Take 5

Fallen piece inside my new Take 5
« on: April 20, 2023, 12:36:58 PM »
Hello people.

First of all, hello, its my first post and the reason is not the happy im with my new synth (even it works, so not everything lost)

Well.. here I go:

I received today my new Sequential Take 5 and when I take out of the box I noticed that when I handle and move it, sound a loose piece inside the synth. Before take the plastic out I called the shop and tell the story and said me that could be a screw or something, but allow me to plug it and play and see if it works. And it works well for the moment.

So then I proceed to open the synth and see what is fallen inside the synth and I have take a picture in the case any of you know if this part its from the synth (or not) and if its from the synth where it should be.

If helps, the pieces its 4 cm. x 1,7 cm. And seems like a weight piece for balance, maybe for the pitch wheel?

Now I dont know what to do because I bought it online and I live in an island and the synth comes from 1000 km of distance. Not a local shop. So maybe I can fix this by my way if this is not a "big" problem.

Any advice? thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 01:01:35 PM by Karmakoma »

Re: Fallen piece inside my new Take 5
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 02:22:15 PM »
Sorry to hear your new synth came with a problem. I would contact Sequential support directly.

chysn

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 02:23:21 PM »
Some size reference would be helpful. Just a random shot-in-the-dark guess here, but it could be part of the keyboard mechanism, like a weight that affixes to the underside of a key to give it some resistance. Maybe start by looking under the keyboard and see if you see more of those things....
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 03:00:41 PM »
Thanks for the answers. I find what it is! Its the weight piece under the key.

I think i will re-glue it and go on.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 08:42:43 AM »

Make sure you install the new firmware if yours didn't ship with v2.0 and enjoy!

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 10:06:57 AM »

Make sure you install the new firmware if yours didn't ship with v2.0 and enjoy!

Thank you, I did it and also installs all the new sounds. :)

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2023, 05:24:53 AM »
Something is moving around inside my Take 5 as well. In my case I haven't noticed any changes in functionality however the very first key from the left(F) feels weird when pressed, so probably I am facing a similar issue.
No wonder this Sequential synth is the cheapest of the bunch.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2023, 05:44:08 AM »
Something is moving around inside my Take 5 as well. In my case I haven't noticed any changes in functionality however the very first key from the left(F) feels weird when pressed, so probably I am facing a similar issue.

Quite likely just the cardboard that surrounds the power supply that has come unstuck.

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2023, 08:30:27 AM »

This sounds like something I encountered -- my thought was that a cable had worked loose and was being hit by the key. I contacted Sequential Support and they told me it was likely fine but sent instructions on opening up the synth to take a look. I did so and discovered that the screw that holds down the keybed on that side was a little raised and was causing the first F key to land differently from the rest. Once I was sure there was no cable abrasion risk I forgot about it as the difference in feel was not a big deal to me.

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2023, 10:46:24 AM »

This sounds like something I encountered -- my thought was that a cable had worked loose and was being hit by the key. I contacted Sequential Support and they told me it was likely fine but sent instructions on opening up the synth to take a look. I did so and discovered that the screw that holds down the keybed on that side was a little raised and was causing the first F key to land differently from the rest. Once I was sure there was no cable abrasion risk I forgot about it as the difference in feel was not a big deal to me.
Thanks for the guide link, when time permits I will attempt to open the unit and see what I can find.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2023, 09:25:49 AM »
Hello people.

First of all, hello, its my first post and the reason is not the happy im with my new synth (even it works, so not everything lost)

Well.. here I go:

I received today my new Sequential Take 5 and when I take out of the box I noticed that when I handle and move it, sound a loose piece inside the synth. Before take the plastic out I called the shop and tell the story and said me that could be a screw or something, but allow me to plug it and play and see if it works. And it works well for the moment.

So then I proceed to open the synth and see what is fallen inside the synth and I have take a picture in the case any of you know if this part its from the synth (or not) and if its from the synth where it should be.

If helps, the pieces its 4 cm. x 1,7 cm. And seems like a weight piece for balance, maybe for the pitch wheel?

Now I dont know what to do because I bought it online and I live in an island and the synth comes from 1000 km of distance. Not a local shop. So maybe I can fix this by my way if this is not a "big" problem.

Any advice? thanks.
it’s a weight for the key same thing happened to me , just purchased my take 5 today and a rattling sound from inside when unboxing etc the weight felt out and posted a video on my you tube channel link below, seems an easy fix ie double sided tape or some epoxy glue, it’s no big deal and for me personally I won’t send it back to be repaired or replaced etc as an easy fix. https://youtube.com/shorts/aec5ZyLJN6o?si=whaaWjBnNf9f_kpd