OS 1.7.6

OS 1.7.6
« on: April 18, 2023, 06:17:56 PM »
Hello,

I noticed that the newest OS version is 1.7.6 from oberheim’s OB6 web site. Does anyone have any info on what has changed since 1.7.4?

Thanks in advance!

Re: OS 1.7.6
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 06:37:40 PM »
I saw the new version and installing it now.  No explanation about what is new.  Any ideas?

Jdoo

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 07:37:21 AM »
+1   Don't want to blindly go through the update process.  Is there any info on what is included in this release, somewhere?

Thanks

kyps

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 12:18:11 PM »
i did on both of my units (keyboard and module) and now i have a really strange sounds like a distortion sound after played  some note / chords  … so maybe wait before do it

gus

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 04:05:37 PM »
The 1.7.6 update has minor changes made for our production team which do not affect the operation of the instrument. It is functionally the same as the previous OS.

If anyone runs into issues after the update, please reach out to support@sequential.com and we can help you out!
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 05:03:45 PM »
The 1.7.6 update has minor changes made for our production team which do not affect the operation of the instrument. It is functionally the same as the previous OS.

If anyone runs into issues after the update, please reach out to support@sequential.com and we can help you out!

I just noticed 1.7.6 has been replaced with 1.7.4.
What's going on?

kpatz

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 01:36:34 PM »
Just conjecture on my part, but I think when a firmware update comes out that has no “functional” changes but is for production, it’s because they made a hardware revision (component change) due to parts availability/cost and updated the firmware to be compatible with the component change.  But in this case, it’s causing issues when updating synths with the original design/component in it.  Thus, if you have a OB-6 with older firmware, don’t update it to 1.7.6.  If you buy a new one that has 1.7.6 already on board, it’s probably got whatever component/design change that necessitated the firmware change.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 11:25:41 AM »
My new OB6 came with version 1.7.6 and there are some issues such as LFO and XMOD bleeding on filter destinations, which I described in another post.

My question is if someone official here on the form can confirm, that downgrading the unit would be safe to try? I’m waiting for an answer on a support ticket for some days now and would like to investigate if this might be a firmware issue.

I understand version 1.7.6 might be necessary for new built units like mine, but maybe it’s not and it solved my problem, so I hope to get some clarity here.

Thanks and regards,
Dennis

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2023, 05:09:52 AM »
Email support directly if you want an answer to that. They don’t always read everything here.