Updating PX with user samples - full transfer every time?

Updating PX with user samples - full transfer every time?
« on: April 14, 2023, 01:58:54 AM »
When updating the PX with user samples (I am doing this utilising the px toolkit) do you have to transfer absolutely everything that’s on the usb stick every time, rather than just the delta / stuff that’s been added this time?

I have the px root directory on the usb stick, and I am adding more and more to it. If I add say one new instrument can I just transfer that one instrument to the PX? Or must I transfer the entirety of the contents each time?

Any help most welcome!

Re: Updating PX with user samples - full transfer every time?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 05:11:58 PM »
When updating the PX with user samples (I am doing this utilising the px toolkit) do you have to transfer absolutely everything that’s on the usb stick every time, rather than just the delta / stuff that’s been added this time?

When installing samples, the Prophet X will overwrite any samples that occupy the same bank + category + index.  It will leave everything else alone.

So while it will install everything in your /px directory, you can make the process shorter by moving anything you don't need to install out of that directory before the installation process.  I tend to just rename the /px directory to something else before I export more samples.  Something like "/px-piano" won't get installed, but if you ever need to install it again it's easy to rename back to /px in the future.

Does that make sense?

Re: Updating PX with user samples - full transfer every time?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 12:15:10 PM »
Thanks for the answer. I think I’ll keep a ‘master’ px folder on my computer and then just copy onto the usb stick anything I want to copy at a given time, that way if something goes wrong you always have a full back up available as such. Thanks again for the info, much appreciated!