OB6 updates

OB6 updates
« on: April 07, 2023, 02:02:52 PM »
I see the Take 5 just had a nice new update with a load of extra preset memory. Now OB6 is jealous and hoping it will get some attention soon. I'd really like to see it get the ability to output midi notes of the chord memory and maybe bi-timbrality with keyboard split and some additions to the sequencer functionality. Will there ever be an os upgrade?

Re: OB6 updates
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 10:13:03 AM »
I see the Take 5 just had a nice new update with a load of extra preset memory. Now OB6 is jealous and hoping it will get some attention soon. I'd really like to see it get the ability to output midi notes of the chord memory and maybe bi-timbrality with keyboard split and some additions to the sequencer functionality. Will there ever be an os upgrade?

The tech in the OB6 and P6 is old. The ability to add anything is probably extremely limited. I wouldn't expect, or even hope, for anything other than bug fixes. If something is added, let it be a pleasant surprise :-)

Re: OB6 updates
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 02:54:29 PM »
The tech in the OB6 and P6 is old. The ability to add anything is probably extremely limited. I wouldn't expect, or even hope, for anything other than bug fixes. If something is added, let it be a pleasant surprise :-)
[/quote]
The ability to send midi notes from chord memory isn't a biggie, the sequencer is already doing it. It's not a big ask and well within the hardware's capabilities if Sequential would only take the trouble to implement it in the firmware.