Take 5 OS2 issues

Take 5 OS2 issues
« on: April 06, 2023, 02:35:14 PM »
FYI: The Take 5 OS2 Addendum doc has a minor error in the second bullet point under New Features in OS 2.0 where the demo patch Bubbly is noted as G08 when it's actually G06.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 02:43:59 PM by lewisfrancis »

Re: Take 5 OS2 issues
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 02:40:51 PM »
On my T5 not all the alternate tunings are named, for instance 1-3 are named, 4-9 are not, 10 and 11 are, 12-17 are not, etc.

tomcc

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 04:00:45 PM »
On my T5 not all the alternate tunings are named, for instance 1-3 are named, 4-9 are not, 10 and 11 are, 12-17 are not, etc.
Here is Alt tuning sysex

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 04:27:41 PM »
Here is Alt tuning sysex

Ah, thanks!

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 08:54:56 AM »
Support says "Changes have been made to both files and will be uploaded later today."

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 07:04:26 PM »
So far, I've noticed that the sequencer can behave a little wonkily at times. It's possible that it was due to user error (I keep thinking I have to HOLD DOWN keys when pressing the Tie or Rest button), and it may be that I caused it to start skipping sequencer numbers. Changing away and back to the patch seemed to reset it to normal, and I'll give it another go with correct button presses heh.

Assuming that's the case, my only DevTeam wishlist item is for the Tie & Rest buttons to not register any input while a keyboard key is being pressed... to idiotproof it against me.

Thus far, everything is looking solid, no software bugs yet.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2023, 05:55:51 PM »
There is something going on with the arp as well.
When I use Factory patch 106 ( it has arp on by default):
Press one key (C3), add another (E3) and and a third key (G3). Now, let go of the first key. The sound changes for me - Sounds like the filter opens up (very noticeable). Nice fade actually, so I kind of like it, but it is a bit of a surprise.

kpatz

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2023, 05:14:00 PM »
There is something going on with the arp as well.
When I use Factory patch 106 ( it has arp on by default):
Press one key (C3), add another (E3) and and a third key (G3). Now, let go of the first key. The sound changes for me - Sounds like the filter opens up (very noticeable). Nice fade actually, so I kind of like it, but it is a bit of a surprise.
The preset "AnalogFM"?  That patch has LFO1 modulating FM depth and osc shape at a slow rate, and LFO2 moduating the pitch of Osc2.  The change you hear has nothing to do with the arp.

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2023, 11:16:13 AM »
hello there, I just updated to OS 2 and new sounds, but I noticed that when I change patch, I get the tail of the sound. I mean, if I'm using a patch with a long release, and (without waiting the decay completes) I change to another sound with a long release, I can hear the tail of the new sound. Do you have this? Is there a way to change it? Thank you.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 02:24:51 PM »
hello there, I just updated to OS 2 and new sounds, but I noticed that when I change patch, I get the tail of the sound. I mean, if I'm using a patch with a long release, and (without waiting the decay completes) I change to another sound with a long release, I can hear the tail of the new sound. Do you have this? Is there a way to change it? Thank you.
Yes, I have the same behavior. I don't think this is related with OS v2.0.
I haven't seen a way to "cut" the sound when changing to another patch.
But this doesn't bother me. I like this analog behavior.

chysn

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2023, 02:53:26 PM »

Pro 3 and Prophet 5 also behave this way. It's probably just part of the Sequential thing.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2023, 03:36:20 PM »

Pro 3 and Prophet 5 also behave this way. It's probably just part of the Sequential thing.

nope, I remember not having this before upgrading, and I immediately noticed it now that I have it

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2023, 10:02:12 AM »
nope, I remember not having this before upgrading, and I immediately noticed it now that I have it
Well, it depends on the sounds you have played with.
With OS v1.0, switching between original Factory sounds 101 and 108 for example, you will hear the long tail of the new sound.
You can reinstall the OS v1.0 if you want to try again yourself.
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6622.0.html

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 08:21:45 PM »

I get this on some patches on my Pro3.
I think it is the effects "tails"?
I'm pretty sure...  - It only seems to happens with patches that have delay/reverb. It's maybe that the digital samples of the sound are still in memory and any long effect on the patch that is switched TO will will show up.  (?)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:23:40 PM by Elric »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2023, 09:01:57 PM »
Something I realize I could have used is finally adding the Sustain control to the modulation matrix. You can modulate Amount, Attack, Decay, and Release, but not Sustain.

No biggie in the end but it was something that could have turned a custom patch of mine into essentially three patches by using the mod wheel and expression pedal in different places, whereas it doesn't quite get there without that extra bit of control. Curious if there was a practical reason for not including it?

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2023, 11:46:37 PM »
I had a weird issue. I’ve been calibrating the oscillators many times since I got my Take 5 and at different temperatures, so it’s been a very stable tuning throughout, no drift or anything odd. So, I had been playing it for 30 minutes last week and all was good. Then I plugged in my audio interface to the audio outs to record something and suddenly the tuning was all over the place. It was so out of tune that it was unbearable and unrecognizable. I had to perform a calibration to fix it. It’s suspicious that plugging in the audio cables triggered a sudden loss of tuning at the most extreme level.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 11:51:02 PM by CyberGene »

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2023, 02:13:35 AM »
Something I realize I could have used is finally adding the Sustain control to the modulation matrix.
You can modulate Amount, Attack, Decay, and Release, but not Sustain.

I once added a wish to add "Envelope / Delay" as a destination in the Mod Matrix.
You could delay certain notes in a sequence, to add some "feel".
Not sure if these are possible.
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.