I think I have something of interest here

I think I have something of interest here
« on: March 10, 2023, 08:22:40 PM »
Hey all, total newbie here.
I don’t own a DSI synth yet, but what do have is one of the few Prophet VS prototypes! 
 8)
Here is a picture showing the prototype Curtis chips and the original development work! (Green jumper wires/stacked chip)
https://flic.kr/p/2ommQ4H
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 02:31:43 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

Re: I think I have something of interest here
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 03:21:47 PM »
Hey all, total newbie here.
I don’t own a DSI synth yet, but what do have is one of the few Prophet VS prototypes! 
 8)
Here is a picture showing the prototype Curtis chips and the original development work! (Green jumper wires/stacked chip)
https://flic.kr/p/2ommQ4H

Welcome to the forum! Is that the interior of your Prophet VS? What's the story of how you wound up with a prototype?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 11:01:49 PM »
Yes, that’s its insides, notice the gold plated development buy-off chips and the added components.
The boards are Rev.1 and are dated 1985 (not 86)
I bought it from a guy that gigged with it around 1994ish, met him and his band in their studio/practice space in San Francisco.
He didn’t know it was a prototype. It never gave him any trouble except for the backlight going dim (which I’ve since fixed).
What made me curious is that it doesn’t have a serial number.
Found out from Wine Country what it is.
I love your shirt BTW! :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 11:15:02 PM by Milesofwire »

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 03:09:10 AM »
Revisions on prototypes are a number and production is a letter.
I’ve owned this synth for almost 30 years!
It was only ten years old when I bought it.
I remember the guy saying “goodbye” to it before I left.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023, 11:27:13 PM »
Yes, that’s its insides, notice the gold plated development buy-off chips and the added components.
The boards are Rev.1 and are dated 1985 (not 86)
I bought it from a guy that gigged with it around 1994ish, met him and his band in their studio/practice space in San Francisco.
He didn’t know it was a prototype. It never gave him any trouble except for the backlight going dim (which I’ve since fixed).
What made me curious is that it doesn’t have a serial number.
Found out from Wine Country what it is.

That's pretty cool man.  That is a awesome old synth to have.
Sounds like a real collectable.  How's it sounding?  Any vids? Never watched any videos of the VS before but I play the Arturia sometimes.
Prophet 10, 0692
Ryzen 3900XT 12/24
Studio One
iPhone 5s Moog Model D via bluetooths of Reface Looper or Xkeys, Arturia Beatstep Pro w/Roland System 1m, Roland JP08, Roland TD17s as drums &->Prophet 10, Oxygen 8v2->Prophet, Akai Adv 25 or Launchey arps->Prophet10 or any all VSTs.

g3o2

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 04:15:46 AM »
I remember the guy saying “goodbye” to it before I left.

Makes you wonder …