Re: Tempest Feature Request
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 06:09:14 AM »
Thanks Yorgos.  :)
Tim

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 12:42:09 AM »
I LOVE THIS MACHINE, AND I LOVE IT MORE AND MORE AFTER OS 1.4

some ideas:

- 32 beats (would be nice but not a big priority for me.)
- Changing projects without playback stopped (for live stuff..)
- Polyphonic recording in 16 tunings mode (this can make a huge difference)
- Shift+"any" button+pad  tu set Quantize value for notes and Arp/Roll.
- Shift+"any" button+pad  tu set Octave in 16 Tunings mode (similar to Beatstep).
- Footswitch can act as trigger for a specific pad (like roland spd..)
- Reset "beat-wide parameters function after heavy live tweekings (shift+"any   button)

Guys You Rock!
 ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 01:25:05 AM »
This one's already there...Just press Revert button (at left under the screen)  ;)
- Reset "beat-wide parameters function after heavy live tweekings (shift+"any   button)

smak

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 12:27:19 AM »
Polyphonic recording would be awesome! - But It will never happen I guess :( Even PYM stated that the Tempests backend is capable of doing it.  It was mentioned the UI implemtation will break the  consistency of th UI an therefor the user experience.

Another thing would be individual swing per track.

But you know I am realy happy that we will get the bugs fixed.

Stoss

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 08:10:45 AM »
MIDI CC control for Beat FX 1-8 (individual external control of each of the eight Beat FX that can currently only be controlled by the FX sliders). In some ways this would be more valuable than CC control of the Beat-Wide Parameters which has already been implemented.

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 03:45:55 PM »
It's been there since OS 1.3.1.6 mate ;)
Added BeatFX to CC on main MIDI channel as follows:
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression
CC# 19 - a value other than 0 reverts Beat FX params to defaults
CC# 20 - Beat FX All Osc Frequency
CC# 21 - Beat FX Feedback
CC# 22 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Cutoff
CC# 23 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Resonance
CC# 24 - Beat FX Lowpass Filter Audio Mod
CC# 25 - Beat FX Highpass Filter Cutoff
CC# 26 - Beat FX All Env Attack
CC# 27 - Beat FX All Env Decay
MIDI CC control for Beat FX 1-8 (individual external control of each of the eight Beat FX that can currently only be controlled by the FX sliders). In some ways this would be more valuable than CC control of the Beat-Wide Parameters which has already been implemented.

Stoss

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression

You misunderstood what I was suggesting. Indeed, MIDI CC has been in place for the "Beat-Wide Parameters", which in the list you share are confusingly labeled as "Beat FX".

What would be great would be for the assignments that you have put to the Beat FX Sliders to be controlled by external CC. For the Beat FX Sliders there are 8 slots (Beat FX1, Beat FX2, Beat FX3, Beat FX4, Beat FX5, Beat FX6, Beat FX7, Beat FX8) that can be programed for many different things and routed to the FX sliders as either +/-, + or Pressure. If you could control each of the 8 Beat FX with external CC it would greatly expand the flexibility of what you could control externally. Imagine, for example, if you set one of your Beat FX to Beat Roll and then externally set up multiple momentary MIDI buttons to control the same CC value but send different static numbers from 1-127. You could have a momentary push button for 8th roll, another for 16th roll, another for 32nd roll and so on. This would be worth it alone!

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 01:59:25 AM »
Now i get it :P
Ye it would be great to also have this...

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 12:27:15 AM »

This would open up a new world for me!

bozo

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression

You misunderstood what I was suggesting. Indeed, MIDI CC has been in place for the "Beat-Wide Parameters", which in the list you share are confusingly labeled as "Beat FX".

What would be great would be for the assignments that you have put to the Beat FX Sliders to be controlled by external CC. For the Beat FX Sliders there are 8 slots (Beat FX1, Beat FX2, Beat FX3, Beat FX4, Beat FX5, Beat FX6, Beat FX7, Beat FX8) that can be programed for many different things and routed to the FX sliders as either +/-, + or Pressure. If you could control each of the 8 Beat FX with external CC it would greatly expand the flexibility of what you could control externally. Imagine, for example, if you set one of your Beat FX to Beat Roll and then externally set up multiple momentary MIDI buttons to control the same CC value but send different static numbers from 1-127. You could have a momentary push button for 8th roll, another for 16th roll, another for 32nd roll and so on. This would be worth it alone!
Yes and I feel that area has been sadly neglected, so much more is possible with a few tweaks and updates.....and hence my support in another thread for the "scatter" effect on the roland MX 1 (which is much more advanced than what was put on the TR-8)

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »
Have an Auto clock setting like Korg has. My MS2000r can be set Auto, int, or ext. I keep it on auto so when an external clock is present, it switches over from internal.

If possible add a 909 open hi hat sample.

Make the load sound knob not reset back to sound one when finding sounds on multiple pads. Example finding a kick and snare at the same time. If you found a snare at like 54 then hitting the bass pad, deciding to change the snare will reset back to the first sound. I really hate that.

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2016, 03:46:25 AM »
I hate that too a workflow killer!Please Chris change it to how it was...
Make the load sound knob not reset back to sound one when finding sounds on multiple pads. Example finding a kick and snare at the same time. If you found a snare at like 54 then hitting the bass pad, deciding to change the snare will reset back to the first sound. I really hate that.

sofine

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2016, 05:57:58 AM »

Agree - one of my biggest annoyances

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2016, 06:31:18 AM »
Bump
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 08:36:36 AM »
Is there a possibility to modulate waveform (or better say - chose sample ) via LFO/ENVELOPE in the digital OSCs of Tempest? If not, why not to implement it?

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »
MOD MATRIX Destination, Voltage Control (Expression) or Auxiliary Envelope Control over PEAK setting in the respective envelopes would enhance the greatness. So would more MOD PATHS in general.

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »

I agree that the Load Sound encoder should simply pick-up in the file list wherever it was last left.  However, gentlemen, it has always reset to the start of the list when auditioning sounds on multiple pads; the only change is that it now starts over alphabetically (smirk).  Anyway, yes, it's a pain and ideally it should be changed.

Cheers!

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 03:16:10 AM »
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression

Yes and I feel that area has been sadly neglected, so much more is possible with a few tweaks and updates.....and hence my support in another thread for the "scatter" effect on the roland MX 1 (which is much more advanced than what was put on the TR-8)

FYI Beat FX are controllable via the 2 footswitch inputs, & don't forget that those inputs also accept CV.  So, if you have a MIDI to CV convertor (e.g. Kenton) then you have MIDI control over 2 of your Beat FX, plus a whole host of other things you can assign the footswitches to.....

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 06:08:10 PM »
CC# 12 - Distortion
CC# 13 - Compression

FYI Beat FX are controllable via the 2 footswitch inputs, & don't forget that those inputs also accept CV.  So, if you have a MIDI to CV convertor (e.g. Kenton) then you have MIDI control over 2 of your Beat FX, plus a whole host of other things you can assign the footswitches to.....

Good point!

Just checked the specs on the DSI website and as follows:
Two pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input (1/4″ TRS phone jack)

So guess I just have to keep my Pro-solo/cv output device within the 0-3.3v range and go TS-TRS conversion.

Worth exploring!

Thanks.

Tim

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 09:29:29 AM »
I'm not holding out much hope but here are a few things from me ;)

1. pre/post filter on the digital oscs as a modulation destination

2. In '16 Timesteps' mode record the value of the FX sliders when a step is turned on. Instant poor man's parameter locking.

3. Add a 'switch' (aka 'wave reset') that changes the 'mix law' of the analog oscs so that 50/50 means both oscs at full volume rather than both oscs at 50%. This would have a number of benefits, the main one (from my perspective) being the ability to control the volume of one analog oscillator without affecting the other (one of my main annoyances when doing sound design on the Tempest).

4. Add a way to 'lock' the mod paths screen, e.g. shift+bottom left soft button. This would make tweaking the mod paths whilst tweaking other 'direct access' parameters a whole lot easier. I always run into this when modding an envelope's decay by itself. Usually I'd want to edit the envelopes decay at the same time as doing this and it's really irritating the way the screen (and therefore the soft knobs) keeps switching back to the envelope screen and making the soft knobs redundant!

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher