Tempest Feature Request

Re: Tempest Feature Request
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »
It would be brilliant to be able to use Tempest to sequence externally more than 1 monophonic instrument.

I guess it would then put a halt to  purchase a multi-track hardware sequencer like Beatstep Pro,Engine or Pyramid ect!

In reality Tempest is a performance orientated drum machine and I think it's great at that although I can only wish for the above to be implemented!

Honestly they Tempest SHOULD be able to sequence more than one 1 monophonic instrument. That is the one thing DSI needs to implement. Who cares what category it puts it into. Roger Linn said "Calling it a drum machine really undersells it's capabilities" well expand those capabilities! I'm looking at picking one up in a few months and I would love for it to be able to sequence two ARP Odyssey Modules.

Question though, when using 16 Mutes, when you mute the pad does that actually turn off the external instrument it's sequencing as well?

And another thing if your in 16 beats mode and you do a beat roll the external instrument also follows the beat roll quantization setting which may or may not be what your after.

For myself, I just purchased an Engine hardware sequencer and will be controlling my gear with it rather than Tempest.

Tempest will be clocked via Engine.

I do really enjoy Tempest, It's lots of fun and has a great sound!

Enjoy!

Tim

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2017, 11:31:39 PM »
Having a keyboard split functionality while using external keyboards would also be great.
At least splitting the keyboard in two parts (left/right).

LoboLives

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2017, 10:31:07 AM »
It would be brilliant to be able to use Tempest to sequence externally more than 1 monophonic instrument.

I guess it would then put a halt to  purchase a multi-track hardware sequencer like Beatstep Pro,Engine or Pyramid ect!

In reality Tempest is a performance orientated drum machine and I think it's great at that although I can only wish for the above to be implemented!

Honestly they Tempest SHOULD be able to sequence more than one 1 monophonic instrument. That is the one thing DSI needs to implement. Who cares what category it puts it into. Roger Linn said "Calling it a drum machine really undersells it's capabilities" well expand those capabilities! I'm looking at picking one up in a few months and I would love for it to be able to sequence two ARP Odyssey Modules.

Question though, when using 16 Mutes, when you mute the pad does that actually turn off the external instrument it's sequencing as well?

And another thing if your in 16 beats mode and you do a beat roll the external instrument also follows the beat roll quantization setting which may or may not be what your after.

For myself, I just purchased an Engine hardware sequencer and will be controlling my gear with it rather than Tempest.

Tempest will be clocked via Engine.

I do really enjoy Tempest, It's lots of fun and has a great sound!

Enjoy!

I wonder....with the roll feature...could it be sent as sort of a "ratchet" for an external synth?

RobH

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
I havent read through all the requests so apologies if this has brought up many times but i'd really like to be able to copy a sound AND its events from one beat to another, i can copy the sound but not the events at the moment and i like to reuse parts its a little thing but it would be great if this could be an option!

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2017, 12:12:41 AM »
Ye this one has been requested a gazillion times..
I havent read through all the requests so apologies if this has brought up many times but i'd really like to be able to copy a sound AND its events from one beat to another, i can copy the sound but not the events at the moment and i like to reuse parts its a little thing but it would be great if this could be an option!

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2017, 03:25:18 AM »
Coming back to the forum to add one more request. I don't know if this has been requested before but I think tempest should be able to send corresponding MIDI notes when in 16 Tuning mode. I have the Ableton Push on my desk and I would have preferred to use Tempest to play harmonies on other devices.
I would appreciate a reply if that is possible to do! But surely this sounds like a software arrangement rather than a hardware. So should be possible, right?  ;)

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 03:51:02 AM »
Dave said that the latest OS will be the last one so no more feature requests...This is the end of the line and i think it's time to close this thread..Over and out!