Tempest Feature Request

Re: Tempest Feature Request
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2016, 04:39:40 AM »
Polyrhythms are the only feature we absolutely miss on the Tempest.
:)

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2016, 05:05:20 AM »
Polyrhythm possibly.

No need for sample import, the ones inside are more than enough. A open 909 hi hat would be nice though.

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2016, 12:20:42 AM »
I just got a Tempest, second hand. This is my first one so I have not been trough all the OS evolutions but I'd add my voice to the list here:

1- DSI please do not drop Tempest development: you have made a wonderful machine, if you'll ever find a way to expand its already great potential, please do.

2- Polyrythm patterns.

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2016, 05:59:36 AM »
I just got a Tempest, second hand. This is my first one so I have not been trough all the OS evolutions but I'd add my voice to the list here:

1- DSI please do not drop Tempest development: you have made a wonderful machine, if you'll ever find a way to expand its already great potential, please do.

2- Polyrythm patterns.

We've asked for the above a gazillion times..Sometimes i wonder if DSI knows what they got in their hands with this beast!At least if they stop the development this thread IMHO must act as a doorway to a Tempest 2 :P
So keep on sending those features requests people!

bozo

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2016, 08:26:19 AM »

2- Polyrythm patterns.

We've asked for the above a gazillion times..Sometimes i wonder if DSI knows what they got in their hands with this beast!At least if they stop the development this thread IMHO must act as a doorway to a Tempest 2 :P
So keep on sending those features requests people!
I'm 38 years in this biz in multiple areas and value what I know, so why would I if not on a payroll? "asked a gazillion times" says it all, "knock knock! whos there? nobody important just your customers."

Shea

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 08:33:03 PM »
Man, the only thing that's bums me out about the tempest is the lack of effects. Seems like such a loss to not include some pro 6 style digi effects. I guess this is a feature request for the tempest 2 that will never be made. It would be called Zephyrus.

Imagine an effect send section in the mixer menu. It's not hard to put a tc HOF on your actual mixer, but man it would be nice to have a few on board.

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2017, 03:29:53 AM »
Hear,hear...
Man, the only thing that's bums me out about the tempest is the lack of effects. Seems like such a loss to not include some pro 6 style digi effects. I guess this is a feature request for the tempest 2 that will never be made. It would be called Zephyrus.

Imagine an effect send section in the mixer menu. It's not hard to put a tc HOF on your actual mixer, but man it would be nice to have a few on board.

Stoss

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
A Tempest 2 without satisfactory completion of the current Tempest would be an insult to those that have spent countless hours beta testing and documenting the current machine and all of its OS iterations. If all of my time had been donated to the grand effort of making the machine I purchased be what it supposed to be... I am more than happy to have contributed. If resources have been spent on creating a 2nd version of this machine rather than wrapping up the one in hand... and then I am expected to pay full price for that new product while it reduces the value of my current investment on the marketplace... well... you could see where that might leave a bad taste in a few people's mouths.

I would rather have DSI get this amazing machine completed so that it can live a long life as a respectable instrument. I'll look to Roger Linn to make the next wonderfully human performance oriented drum machine.

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2017, 01:33:38 AM »
Using bank B for sequencing external midi gear. Each sound would match their own midi channel. I really enjoy the Tempest's sequencer workflow, so this would be amazing!
Mono Evolver Keyboard, Prophet '08, Tempest

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2017, 08:12:36 AM »
+1 for a proper 909 open hat sample please.

idm

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2017, 01:01:13 AM »
I don't see that happening ever... I've read so many times that adding samples is impossible... Better to try and synthesize your own. Going to make that a little project, sounds like fun :P

My feature request:

Add more dotted sync modes to everything. The sequencer, delay, LFO, and roll mode all would benefit from more dotted sync modes.

It would add so much. It even would add a sort of workaround for some polymeters.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:02:47 AM by idm »

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2017, 04:28:49 AM »
even just replacing the current useless 909 OH sample would be amazing. I know that tempest is way more than a 909 clone but it's still a touch frustrating.

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »
It would be brilliant to be able to use Tempest to sequence externally more than 1 monophonic instrument.

I guess it would then put a halt to  purchase a multi-track hardware sequencer like Beatstep Pro,Engine or Pyramid ect!

In reality Tempest is a performance orientated drum machine and I think it's great at that although I can only wish for the above to be implemented!

Tim

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2017, 02:30:44 PM »
Polyrhythmic sequencing!!!   This year I have a project that requires some (lots) of polyrhythmic, electronic/sequenced percussion.   I know i could do this in my DAW, but it is more a hands on, live collaborative (and recording) project.   

I'm seriously looking at getting a Arturia Drum Brute for this purpose.   I just really wish my beloved Tempest could do it :-/

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »
Playlist Overdub

For example I created a playlist (not in real time) but I want it to playback in "overdub" mode so as it's playing and switching beats it'll record the Mutes, FX Sliders and Knob Movements into the playlist rather than just into a beat or having to do it live.

It would greatly add to the changes/variations within my songs. I attempted to do that then learned that it doesn't have that option, it would be nice!
https://soundcloud.com/the-aural

https://www.facebook.com/auralproductions/

Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x & DX200, Alesis ion, Akai Z4, DSI gear: {Evolver Desktop, Poly Evolver Keyboard, Mopho x4, Tempest}, Waldorf Blofeld & Streichfett, Moog Freqbox, Roland R8 & R8m

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2017, 02:11:27 AM »
MIDI CC control for Beat FX 1-8 (individual external control of each of the eight Beat FX that can currently only be controlled by the FX sliders). In some ways this would be more valuable than CC control of the Beat-Wide Parameters which has already been implemented.

This would open up a new world for me!

+1 for this one!

LoboLives

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2017, 03:09:11 AM »
It would be brilliant to be able to use Tempest to sequence externally more than 1 monophonic instrument.

I guess it would then put a halt to  purchase a multi-track hardware sequencer like Beatstep Pro,Engine or Pyramid ect!

In reality Tempest is a performance orientated drum machine and I think it's great at that although I can only wish for the above to be implemented!

Honestly they Tempest SHOULD be able to sequence more than one 1 monophonic instrument. That is the one thing DSI needs to implement. Who cares what category it puts it into. Roger Linn said "Calling it a drum machine really undersells it's capabilities" well expand those capabilities! I'm looking at picking one up in a few months and I would love for it to be able to sequence two ARP Odyssey Modules.

Question though, when using 16 Mutes, when you mute the pad does that actually turn off the external instrument it's sequencing as well?

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »

Question though, when using 16 Mutes, when you mute the pad does that actually turn off the external instrument it's sequencing as well?

yes, the pad must be unmuted for the sequence to be sent via midi.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:09:43 AM by sata_fortuna »

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2017, 12:16:49 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to the Tempest and to this forum.

One thing I miss on the Tempest is the unison feature with parameters such as the number of voices and the stereo spread.
I think this would add some more warmth to the Tempest, especially for the two analog oscillators. ;)

Cheers,
Chris (from Belgium)