OS / firmware development status ?

OS / firmware development status ?
« on: March 06, 2023, 06:02:57 AM »
Dear cbmd, dear Sequential developers,

It's been almost 4 months since the release of Beta Main OS 1.0.0.22 firmware which provides a lot of improvements and works rather well.
However, there have been issues reported and confirmed in this user forum :
- the extended user banks and the extended factory banks are mirrored / are the same (https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=6890.0)
- the extended user patch G01 is renamed and made silent after pressing Global (https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,6895.0.html)

Would you mind giving us some information about the status of the firmware development ?
Thanks a lot.

Sacred Synthesis

Re: OS / firmware development status ?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 11:25:14 AM »
The staffers from Sequential probably won't read this thread.  If you want an answer, try contacting them directly.

Phone: (415) 830-6393 x1
Fax (707) 286-5501
email: support@sequential.com

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 01:06:39 PM »
That's weird ... The beta OS releases have been published on this forum and there have been exchanges regarding some issues with these beta releases.
Having said that, I've just sent a message to the support.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 02:21:12 PM »
That's weird ... The beta OS releases have been published on this forum and there have been exchanges regarding some issues with these beta releases.
Having said that, I've just sent a message to the support.

Please let us know what you find out!

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 10:56:52 PM »
Some good news from the support :
"We are aware of the bugs present in the current beta release (...)
As such, we are presently working on finishing off the latest production OS for the Take 5. Although I cannot say exactly when the OS will be ready for release, it should be ready before too much more time. Keep an eye on the forum and the product page for download links"

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 04:28:23 PM »
The wait was worthwhile.
Bug fixes, new factory sounds, new LoFi effect and even some of my requests (distinction in the LED display between "6" and "b").
A big thanks Sequential!