Can the notes of the PRO3 sequencer be recorded as MIDI in DAW?

Have my PRO3 synced to Cubase.
The sequencer plays clocked to the song.
I can obviously record this sequence into Cubase as audio, in real-time but wondered if it's possible to send the actual MIDI notes of the PRO3 sequence to a MIDI track in a DAW?
i.e record it as a MIDI sequence.

I know I've been able to do this with other devices (Roland TR8s, Arturia KeyStep, etc) but when I try to record to a MIDI track (the correct port and channel for the PRO3), as the sequencer plays back, I just get an empty MIDI event in Cubase.

Is it possible to record the MIDI from the sequencer or are the 'NOTES' themselves not sent to the PRO3 MIDI out?

chysn

Re: Can the notes of the PRO3 sequencer be recorded as MIDI in DAW?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023, 10:06:44 AM »
Yes, sequenced notes are sent to the selected MIDI Out.

If you're not receiving MIDI, you might be using the wrong output. Go to the MIDI tab of Globals and make sure the "MIDI Out Select" corresponds to the physical output you've got connected. You can set clock and notes separately.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 10:10:46 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 02:26:07 AM »
Yes, sequenced notes are sent to the selected MIDI Out.

If you're not receiving MIDI, you might be using the wrong output. Go to the MIDI tab of Globals and make sure the "MIDI Out Select" corresponds to the physical output you've got connected. You can set clock and notes separately.

Sorry. Completely missed your reply. I'll recheck through my PRO3's MIDI settings and give it another go. Cheers.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 06:51:29 AM »
How did you get on?