Voice Fails

Voice Fails
« on: March 02, 2023, 12:13:40 AM »
I installed the latest Firmware, did a Calibration Reset and tried to do a full Recalibration.
Calibration Proceeds, until a Screen appears reading:
Osc Voice Fails:
3320 Voice Fails:
SEM Voice Fails:
VCA Voice Fails: 7

Then it hangs and i can't do anything anymore. Powercycle does help and it returns to normal,
but shouldn't a full Recalibration return to the normal home screen, instead of hanging at this screen?
Starting Calibration again, get's me to the same screen again...

Is this normal, and is it ok if i just Powercycle once i get to this Screen?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 12:17:59 AM by edwinstar »

Re: Voice Fails
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 04:07:20 AM »
A quick update. I repeated the Calibration Process several times, and after some more fails, suddenly all went well and the Synth returned to the "Home" Screen.
So for me, the problem is solved, but i still wonder if it is normal that the Full Calibration fails several times.
Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 07:20:39 AM »
A quick update. I repeated the Calibration Process several times, and after some more fails, suddenly all went well and the Synth returned to the "Home" Screen.
So for me, the problem is solved, but i still wonder if it is normal that the Full Calibration fails several times.
Thanks!

I'd contact support if it happens again. I had a similar issue with SEM filters failing calibration that was apparently a known issue with some firmware versions. Had to do the newest (unreleased at the time) beta OS that they provided in bootloader mode on their instructions to fully fix it. All good now though!

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 07:35:42 AM »
Thank you! Good to know that it's something software related!

Failed OB-X/SEM filter calibration - Help!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 06:01:15 PM »
Hi, all. I was on FW 1.1.0.0 - I was having an issue where no notes would sound when trying to use the arpeggio in Split mode, so I figured I'd calibrate. The VCOs calibrated just fine. The first filter calibrated just fine. Then the filter calibration failed on Voice 1, freq 1. It failed up through freq 4, and then froze. After numerous power cycles, it still kept failing and freezing.

I updated to 1.1.1.0, reset globals, cleared calibration, and then did a full calibration, and I get this:

It froze on the end screen showing me I had 6 failures in the OB-X/SEM filter calibration. Since it was frozen, I had to reboot it. Now it sounds like complete warbly, out of tune garbage (though I may just need to calibrate the levers). In any case, it's worrisome that I keep getting filter calibration failures.

I've only had this for a couple months. I bought it brand new from a reputable dealer who's about 2 hours away, so I'd like to completely exhaust anything I can do myself for troubleshooting (I've tried everything on the Support site's troubleshooting page).

Help!

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 06:36:40 PM »
Thanks!

I'd contact support if it happens again. I had a similar issue with SEM filters failing calibration that was apparently a known issue with some firmware versions. Had to do the newest (unreleased at the time) beta OS that they provided in bootloader mode on their instructions to fully fix it. All good now though!

Hello! How did you go about getting this solved? Mine keeps failing SEM calibration and now it won't tune. I'm at my wit's end... Is it just a support ticket? Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 12:49:40 PM »
Are any of you using the desktop version? I'm curious to know what serial number range this is happening in.

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2023, 01:21:37 PM »
Follow up - Sequential got back to me:

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the new OS.
After updating to 1.1.1.0, even if it didn't prompt to power cycle the synth, did you power off then on before resetting globals/clearing calibration/running full calibration? Have you tried loading 1.1.1.0 again after downgrading to 1.1.0.0?
The main changes from version 1.1.0.0 to 1.1.1.0 are calibration improvements and a bug fix for local control (local control was not working properly on 1.1.0.0).
Due to the variations in the electronics' value, the software changes to improve calibration would work on most hardware, but it's not impossible to have fringe cases that it does not work well on certain hardware.
Does calibration complete without failures on 1.1.0.0? If it works well on 1.1.0.0, and the local control bug is not in the way of your music-making, I would suggest staying on this version while we work on future OS releases.
Please let me know if you have any new findings or questions.

So at some point, I'll attempt to reload the 1.1.1.0 FW, but it looks like I'm not really missing much either way.