Hi pass filter FX?

Hi pass filter FX?
« on: August 17, 2023, 05:09:02 PM »
Hi folks, I just received my impressive Trigon 6 keyboard and I wonder what do you think about a digital resonant hi pass filter for one of the both FX blocks? I like it in my Rev 2 very much and I think it would suit the Trigon 6 well. :D
OB6 desktop x2, DSI Rev2 16, Toraiz AS-1, Prophet 12, Pro 2, Vermona 14, Roland System 8, Matrixbrute, Jomox Sunsyn MKII

Elric

• Peak Oil
Re: Hi pass filter FX?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2023, 02:18:05 AM »
Hi folks, I just received my impressive Trigon 6 keyboard and I wonder what do you think about a digital resonant hi pass filter for one of the both FX blocks? I like it in my Rev 2 very much and I think it would suit the Trigon 6 well. :D

I have that effect on my Pro3.  It's good to have.
Especially since it's got resonance, where you can 'peak' the lowest frequency that the (HP) filter is set at. Basically giving a low boost to a part of the tones/patch.
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 11:48:35 AM »
Yes, it baffles me that there are 3 different phasers but not a single hipass filter. Especially because phasers tend to form and mask the sound overall very easily up to the point where it is not necessary any more to be an analog VCO "behind" it. It just could be a DCO or some stringy sample as well. That's why I barely use the phaser FX in my trigon (altough I love the way the digital ringmod works in the Trigon). Maybe an all analog small stone phaser would be a game changer in that regard. But as both FX channels are now implemented, with FX Mix A and B routable to aftertouch, it makes me miss a simple resonant hipass filter even more.
OB6 desktop x2, DSI Rev2 16, Toraiz AS-1, Prophet 12, Pro 2, Vermona 14, Roland System 8, Matrixbrute, Jomox Sunsyn MKII

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 09:07:42 PM »

You can get a high pass filter effect by using very narrow pulse wave(s) in the oscillator(s).